Breda Local Custom Tips by Pavlik_NL
Breda Local Customs: 15 reviews and 14 photos
In the weapon of Breda there are three white Andreas-crosses on a red shield (Andreas was the saint that didn;t wanted to be crusified in the same way as Jezus as he was to humble for that - he requested the cross to be diagonal). These were originally from the neighborhood that Breda belonged to, but were granted to the town when it got it's cityrights.
The church, a symbol of roman catholicism
In the Southern provinces Northern Brabant and Limburg, the majority of the people are roman catholic. In both provinces however this is taken quite differently as in Limburg they do practice it more and in Brabant there's a lit less of this. Here they more take only the benefits of it, by celebrating the yearly religious festivals in an intensive way (for example Carnaval), while not knowing what the interior of a church looks like and what it all actually means. A pitty, but that's just my opinion.
More Reviews (30)
- See All Sad spoiling already in the 60-ies
- See All The Beguinage-chapel
- See All Take it easy in the park
- See All Finding your way around town
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Breda Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The VT Meeting that got Bigger and Bigger."
- "Nathalie_B's former "hometown""
- "My Hometown"
- "BEAUTIFUL BREDA"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Breda
- Hotels in Breda
- Transportation in Breda
- Nightlife in Breda
- Restaurants in Breda
- Shopping in Breda
- Warnings and Dangers in Breda
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Breda
- 32 Reviews
- 73 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Breda?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Breda
- Posted in Travel Kasteel Doorwerth Forum "Re: s`nachts rondlopen op zoek..."
- Commented on one of Kristina1701's Breda travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "On request: citizen of the world (plus more)"
- updated a Breda Travelogue "On request: citizen of the world (plus more)"
- Wrote a Review Sad spoiling already in the 60-ies in Breda Warnings and Dangers
Photos in BredaSee All Photos (73)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues