"The original Brooklyn is called Breukelen" Breukelen by Pavlik_NL
Breukelen Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 52 photos
Breukelen is a small charming village in one of the most beautiful parts of The Netherlands: the environment along the little river "Vecht". In ancient times the rich Amsterdam traders were getting in line to get a parcel of land (well) outside the busy city. Preferable along a river that run towards their intrests, the warehouses and the harbour of Amsterdam. Along the river "Vecht" (that eventually goes into the "Randmeren" at Muiden) they built mansions, castles and beautiful parklike estates surrounding them and ... they are still there. Breukelen is in the midst of all this splendour, with yet again in it's middlepoint of attraction the castle of Nijenrode, now one of the best business-universities in The Netherlands and possibly the world.
In this page I will tell you a little about Breukelen itself, but the majority of the pictures will be about Nijenrode and the Nijenrode Rally 2003. Breukelen itself has lend it's name to the, now-a-days more wellknown, Brooklyn, a part of New York City. As New Amsterdam was founded (later NYC) the Dutch gave many names to parts of the new lands that was their gateway to the new world. Harlem, Walstreet and Brooklyn are the most exquisit examples of this heritage.
In seperate travellogues I have put a collection of pictures of the Nijenrode Rally 2003, second day. I had the opportunity to be co-pilot of my cousin and friend Hans, that has studied at Nijenrode and attended to this rally. It resulted in a fine day, driving from Brummen in Gelderland to Nijenrode, through various landscapes and following the instructions we got handed over at the start. Finish, well of course, Nijenrode.
<b>MORE TO COME YET, so please do return later</>
On top of the entrance gateway, just behind the bridge it says with carved in stone letters: Cedo Nulli. This is the... more travel advice
Breukelen is situated along the freeway A2 that is going from Utrecht to Amsterdam. The exit is very clear and from... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Breukelen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The original Brooklyn is called Breukelen"
- "My new home town BREUKELEN"
- "Dreamy tour along the river Vecht"
- "Breukelen, NL"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Breukelen
- Transportation in Breukelen
- Restaurants in Breukelen
- Shopping in Breukelen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Breukelen
- 7 Reviews
- 34 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (151)
Have you been to Breukelen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Breukelen
Photos in BreukelenSee All Photos (34)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues