Delft Transportation Tips by Pavlik_NL Top 5 Page for this destination
Delft Transportation: 17 reviews and 22 photos
Bicycles seem to not know this problem
Parking is difficult, especially when you want to do so within the old city centre. This is actually disrecommended by me, as it is not only very difficult, but also ruining the view on the old surroundings. There are some parkhouses around the centre and one can also park in the neighborhood of the Central Station as well as underneath the tracks of the railroad. this last option could be difficult in the years 2005-2007, as plans are made to put the railroad underground, which will lead to many roadconstructions and the (temporary) disappearing of this option.
Type: Car/Motor Home
Signs and plates carry interesing information
explanations will follow as soon as possible ...
Bicycles everywhere, this is a student town
You cannot be a student and do not have a bike in the Netherlands. This is THE means of transport for students, if it's not to get to the school building or cafe, then it is to have the opportunity to drink and get home legally. For tourists this option also could be interesting and bicycles can be rented at the NS-Rijwielshop just uotside the Central station.
Walk around the Markt and in Delft
With only a few square kilometres in it's old city centre, Delft is definately requesting you to start walking. This way also gives you the most intensive impression of the town and leaves the possibility to stop at museums, interesting places or just for a drink or quick bite.
Old houses on the Marketsquare.
If you are visiting The Hague and want to make some more out of it, take the tram that drives you directly to Delft. There are two lines heading that way, one reaching even into the Delft centre.
From Rotterdam some bus lines head into Delft direction and bring you in the centre of the old town.
Trains bring you almost inside the windmill
The train system in the Netherlands and especially in the Randstad Holland, can be seen as a gigantic metrosystem. Okay, they hardly go on time, but with an interval of only 15 minutes on average, one never has to wait very long. Delft has two stations of which the Central brings you direct into the old centre of town. The other, Delft Zuid (South) is especially created for the enormous amounts of students arriving by train and heading for the Technical University buildings.
Floating around and enjoying the monuments
Seeing a Holland town with it's typical canals is often done in a great way from these canals! The impression from the water with details told by a guide is a perfect way to get to know the town in an easy and comfortable way. In Delft this is done by the company "Rondvaart Delft" and the journeys take around 45 minutes. Groups can reserve, but individual visitors van get tickets at the point where the boats regularly leave for their trips (from April until October.
Other Contact: Koornmarkt 113
More Reviews (67)
- See All One special customer and you're in the...
- See All Restaurants at canal level
- See All Art museum P.T. van Elven
- See All From monastry 'til Animal Market
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Delft Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "For your Dutch quaintness fix :-)"
- "Delft from where the "blue" conquered the world."
- "DELFT --A SPECIAL PLACE IN OUR HEARTS"
- "Delving into Delft"
- "Playing tourist on a beautiful sunny but cold day"
- "The Royal Delft"
- "Delft in 1995"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Delft
- Hotels in Delft
- Transportation in Delft
- Nightlife in Delft
- Restaurants in Delft
- Shopping in Delft
- Warnings and Dangers in Delft
- See All...
Explore the World
- Haiti Hotels
- Tuzla Hotels
- Sunset Highway State Park Hotels
- Red Wing Hotels
- Steamboat Springs
Badges & Stats in Delft
- 74 Reviews
- 91 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Delft?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Delft
- Posted in Travel Netherlands Forum "Re: Where to stay"
- Commented on one of LoriPori's Delft travel pages
- updated a Delft Travelogue "From ancient canal houses to modern TU"
- Uploaded a Photo to "From ancient canal houses to modern TU"
- Wrote a Review Parking, always a trouble in old city centres in Delft Transportation
Photos in DelftSee All Photos (91)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (49)
Latest Delft hotel reviews
- Campanile Hotel Delft
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2013
- Hotel de Emauspoort
- 204 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- China Hotel Holland
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Hotel Restaurant Johannes Vermeer
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Hotel Leeuwenbrug
- 93 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 20, 2013
- Soul Inn
- 1 Review & Opinion
- Best Western Museumhotels Delft
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Hotel de Kok
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
- Hotel De Vlaming
- 7 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 12, 2010
- Hotel de Plataan Delft
- 39 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Markt square- 14 Reviews, 27 Photos
- Nieuwe Kerk- 39 Reviews, 87 Photos
- Town Hall- 23 Reviews, 31 Photos
- Delft Blue ceramics- 11 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Oude Kerk- 26 Reviews, 62 Photos
- Prinsenhof- 22 Reviews, 24 Photos
- Canals- 11 Reviews, 28 Photos
- Royal tomb- 4 Reviews, 4 Photos
- Oostpoort- 15 Reviews, 21 Photos
- Delfland water council house- 6 Reviews, 6 Photos
See All Delft Things to Do