"Doorwerth, living in the foresty hills" Doorwerth by Pavlik_NL
Doorwerth Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 9 photos
The village of Doorwerth thanks it's name to the old settlement and castle at the feet of the "Veluwe"-hills on the banks of the river Rhine. The castle is a very pictoresk one that resembles the ones in fairytales. In it now-a-days is the huntingmuseum and some rooms are decorated in the (simple) ways it was done in medieval times. A walk from here shows the splendid and very specific landscape of the part of The Netherlands. On one side the river and it's low landscape, on the other the raising hills that were deposited here in the iceage. The masses of ice lay in the old riverbed and came in Europe until here, pushing enormous amounts of sand slowly but steadily up before them.
Through the forests around Doorwerth are many hikingpaths for longer or short distances. The terrain is hilly which... more travel advice
Arnhem and it's vicinity enjoys many hidden secrets from the mass-tourism that takes place in Holland (the western... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Doorwerth Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Doorwerth, living in the foresty hills"
- "The mighty castle along the river Rhine!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Doorwerth
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Doorwerth?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Doorwerth
Photos in DoorwerthSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues