"Elst, fruittrees in my backyard" Elst by Pavlik_NL
Elst Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 52 photos
Elst is situated in the riverlands, between the (neder = lower) Rhine and the Waal. north the city of Arnhem is approaching with his new-building-areas and just a few kilometres South Nijmegen does the same.
Still the village of Elst is green and happy enjoying it's freedom and agricultural heritage. This part of the Netherlands is nicknamed the "fruitbarn" as for it's many many pear, cherry and especially appletree-gardens (besides so many strawberryfields that even the Beatles would get lost in them (-: ).
Elst is growing itself as well, but even if the appletrees would ever be gone, the name will always be attached to an apple itself, the Elstar. This apple was "born" here and travelled the globe as a deliscious hand- as well as compote-apple.
Elst is situated in the centre of the Eastern part of the "Betuwe". This name is given to the land that is in between the lower Rhine ("Nederrijn") and the "Waal". It is devided in two parts, referring to the hight of the land itself: the "Over" (higher) Betuwe and the "Betuwe". Elst can be called the capitol of the first, Tiel (see my Tiel-page) is for sure the capitol of the last named part.
In the fields outside Elst, along a road that I take every day to work, is an ancient stone cross. This cross is a so... more travel advice
Ever heared of Heinz? Ever heared of tomatoeketchup? Well, here in Elst is one of the largest factories that... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Elst Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Elst
- Hotels in Elst
- Transportation in Elst
- Restaurants in Elst
- Warnings and Dangers in Elst
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Elst
- 12 Reviews
- 46 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Elst?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Elst
Photos in ElstSee All Photos (46)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues