"Groesbeek, where liberation is commemorated" Groesbeek by Pavlik_NL
Groesbeek Travel Guide: 38 reviews and 83 photos
Groesbeek is a village that is situated between Nijmegen and the German border. It lays in a rather undutch area with hills and is quite beloved by the people of this region for it's natural beauty and peaceful surroundings. Groesbeek has had it's share of tragedy in the second worldwar, when American airborne troops were dropped in these hills in their march on the Nijmegen bridge (Market Garden operation).
After the attempt to end the war before Christmas 1944 (which let to the tragedy at the battle of Arnhem), the Dutch had to wait for the Canadians to finally free us from Nazi-regime. On the liberation museum everything is explained about this liberation and here the flags of the (Western) allied forces are side by side. The Stars and stripes, the Union Jack and the Canadian leave.
Groesbeek's surroundings are easily to be reckoned to the most beautiful natural surroundings in The Netherlands. Undutch are the mountains with their winding roads going to the next hill top. It is a beloved walking, biking and shortbreak place for the inhabitants of Nijmegen.
but for those who are in The Netherlands just as tourists, Groesbeek is completely off the beaten track. It's situation... more travel advice
Cemetries of this kind are to be found throughout the Netherlands as well as Europe. In our country the are somewhat... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Groesbeek Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Dedicated to Harold & Bruce Queen's family."
- "Groesbeek Page"
- "Groesbeek, where liberation is commemorated"
- "The wee village of Groesbeek"
- "Groesbeek a beatutiful tourist village"
- "Operation Market Garden Tour ? Groesbeek"
- "Day 18 Pieterpad"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Groesbeek
- Hotels in Groesbeek
- Transportation in Groesbeek
- Restaurants in Groesbeek
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Groesbeek
- 7 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (149)
Have you been to Groesbeek?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Groesbeek
- Posted in Travel Nijmegen Forum "Re: Where should I live and how..."
- Commented on one of Waalewiener's Groesbeek travel pages
- Wrote a Review For those who are looking not, in Groesbeek Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "For those who are looking not,"
- created a Groesbeek Travel Page "Groesbeek, where liberation is commemorated"
Photos in GroesbeekSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues