"Gulpen, between green hills and valleys" Gulpen by Pavlik_NL
Gulpen Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 43 photos
South Limburg holds a magical attraction towards the rest of the Netherlands. Of course because of it's Bourgondian lifestyle with deliscious and lots of food and drinks, but above all because of the absolutely un-Dutch landscape of hills and valleys. It is here, that the Ardennes find their most Northern slopes, about which the Dutch immediately go wild, talking about mountains (in Dutch "bergen"). The highest peak of them all (now, don't laugh) the Vaalser"berg" with 321 meters. The second highest is the Gulpener"berg" from where a large statue of mother Mary watches over the valley an the village.
For visitors of this area of Limburg, Gulpen is a well ecquiped and centrally located village. From here almost all mayor attractions of the region are to be reached within 20 minutes driving. Bicycletours and walking routes lead throughout the landscape and are a lust for the more sportive holiday people. Wide view from the tops (such as ours from our tent!) can be a joy for (especially the Dutch) eyes.
It can almost not be imagined, but we camped out here halfway October 2005 and in a tent. Normally night temperatures are in this time of year already approaching 0 degrees Celsius, which is definately not comfortable when staying with a boy of 4 years old. However, this year October was acceptionally warm and day temperatures roose easily to 20 degrees Celsius. Sunshine and blue skies included. Well, we enjoyed our view during breakfast, when a chilly 7 degrees Celsius surrounded us, but still ... we got a great weekend out of it.
text will follow (Amstel Gold Race) more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Gulpen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Gulpen, between green hills and valleys"
- "Watertown and Beertown"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gulpen
- Transportation in Gulpen
- Restaurants in Gulpen
- Shopping in Gulpen
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Gulpen
- 10 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Gulpen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gulpen
Photos in GulpenSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues