"Monster, everything but monstrous" Monster by Pavlik_NL
Monster Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 18 photos
"Monster", the name will surprise many. Even in Dutch it also means monster (hydious creature), but the name obviously descends from Latin "Monasterium". From an Abbey or Monastery one can now find nothing, but ... here it is: Monster.
Just South of The Hague, this village has surprisingly much to offer. Wonderful dunes and beach, especially for families with children as it is definately not that busy or trendy. Just simple sea, sand, surf and on a good day sun. Few cafetaria for an icecream or a drink. Enough parkingspace and a little camping. Monster itself offers a cosy little village with a magnificent windmill. This is a place to be, if you want to enjoy the Northsea "off the beaten path".
In The Netherlands there's a saying, that means that you are completely crazy.
"Je hebt een klap gehad van de windmolen"
"You are hit by the wing of the windmill"
Prevent this from happening, because getting "crazy" is definately the lightest injury you can get from such experience. (-:
Monster has many things that makes it to a typical Dutch village. Agriculture in the form of horticulture and it's... more travel advice
Monster is situated just South of The Hague and easily reached from the area Kijkduin (South-Western part of The Hague).... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Monster Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The real Monster"
- "Monster, everything but monstrous"
- "Monster - dog turd capital of the world?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Monster
- Hotels in Monster
- Transportation in Monster
- Warnings and Dangers in Monster
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Monster
- 6 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Monster?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Monster
Photos in MonsterSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues