"Otterlo, a paradise for nature lovers" Otterlo by Pavlik_NL
Otterlo Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 56 photos
Otterlo is roughly 25 kiolmetres North of Arnhem and a real natural gemstone on the "Veluwe". It's foresty surroundings hide two wonderful "zandverstuivingen", literally "sand blown by the wind". These area's - where sand and wind rule the landscape - have consisted on the "Veluwe" for millenia. Wondering from decade to decade over several hundred's of metres, swallowing everything in their paths - trees included.
Surrounding Otterlo are around 12 campings, which makes a a hotspot for campers. The campgruonds are variating from small and simple to large and surrounded by all comfort and ease.
Otterlo is part of the manucipality "Ede" that has the largest landmass in The Netherlands of which a lot is forestground. Otterlo itself has no more then a few hundred inhabitants, yet in summertown their numbers swell up to a few thousand.
Otterlo possesses one of the three entrances of the national park "De Hoge Veluwe", which is definately one of the highlights within The Netherlands (the other entrances are at Hoenderlo and Arnhem). With it's nature, the Kröller-Muller museum and several other intresting sites, a true attraction for many international visitors.
Is it coincidental that people that live in places where live doesn't come so easy, also have a stronger bound with God.... more travel advice
Otterlo, a village like there are several in between the "Veluwe" hills, forests and heatherfields. Historically the... more travel advice
- Laws of nature, guidance for us all
- How else do you get caravan or...
- See All Details of adapted nature
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Otterlo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "National Park and Kröller-Müller art museum"
- "Otterlo one of the entrances of the National park"
- "Otterlo, a paradise for nature lovers"
- "Just a small village."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Otterlo
- Hotels in Otterlo
- Transportation in Otterlo
- Restaurants in Otterlo
- Warnings and Dangers in Otterlo
- See All...
Explore the World
- Sankt Gilgen
- Old Aberdeen Hotels
- Lagoa do Bonfim Hotels
- East Cape
- Ringwood Manor State Park Hotels
- Den Bosch Hotels
- Province of Camiguin
- Old Sacramento State Historical Park Hotels
- Comunidad Valenciana
- Northern Ireland
- South Harpswell Hotels
Badges & Stats in Otterlo
- 12 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Otterlo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Otterlo
Photos in OtterloSee All Photos (20)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (49)
Latest Otterlo hotel reviews
- Grand Cafe Hotel Kruller
- 10 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 19, 2012