"Oudenbosch, a unexpected very little Rome" Oudenbosch by Pavlik_NL

Oudenbosch Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 31 photos

Big secret in a little corner of Brabant

For my work I had to be in Westmaas, a tiny little village in the outer West corner of Southern Netherlands mainland and I unexpectedly made an appointment with Nathalie_B to have a surprise- visit to her in Breda (she just arrived in The Netherlands that week for her study). So, I drove away in that direction and wanted to take the shortcut to reach Breda, but started already by taking the wrong turn of the freeway. One thing lead to another and I got hopelessly lost hopping from one village to another. Suddenly on the Eastern horizon I saw a silouet that I couldn't place at all. An enormous building with a domeshape rising caught my eye and ... I was even going in this direction. Before I entered the place called "Oudenbosch" light broke through the clouds and the shadow that I saw in the distance suddenly appeared in bright white and cuprum-green. My curiosity roose and withing Oudenbosch I started looking impatiently in all direction if I could see the structure that just didn;t belong here at all. Suddenly, after some trafficlights it appeared in full glory right in front of me: The Basilica of Oudenbosch. In a second my car was on the footpath besides the road and I jumped out of the car to spoil my eyes with this magnificent church.

• Intro Written Aug 31, 2003

Pavlik_NL

“Our dream: one world, without borders”

Badges & Stats in Oudenbosch

Have you been to Oudenbosch?