"Rheden and up-hill: the Posbank" Rheden by Pavlik_NL
Rheden Travel Guide: 19 reviews and 61 photos
One of my favourit forests and heatherfields to walk is the Posbank near Rheden. This strangly shaped hilly landscape offers wide heatherfields that colour amazingly purple in August/September each year. The air is then filled with sweet smells from the little flowers and everywhere you can hear the bussing from bees that gather the famous heather-honey.
Near the teahouse, that has been restored recently after burning down to the ground, is a hil from where a dazzling view reached far over the border to Germany. Deep down below the river "IJssel" winds it's way North and direct behind it the "Achterhoek" (region) stretches to the horizon.
Walks over the hills and it's sandy valleys can start from the "Schaapskooi" (sheep's cage) in Rheden, where parkingspots for visitors are made and the visitorcentre for the National nature Reserve "Veluwezoom" is located. In it you can find lots of information about the geological background of this area and it's inhabitants (wildlife).
We love to go walking (or taking a picknick) in this neighborhood. The Posbank offers so much of natures best and is so close for us. Of course we also love to show this to others and therefor one can be assured that a longer stay in Arnhem (with us) is also including a visit to the Posbank.
The hills of the Posbank (highlight in the Veluwezoom National Reserve) one has often great panorama's over the IJssel (river) valley and furtheron over the "Achterhoek" and al the way into Germany. With clear weather views of over 50 kilometres are no exception.
The nature at the Posbank is one of the most fragile ecosystems in The Netherlands. As for the "bad furtility" of the... more travel advice
The Posbank (Veluwezoom National Reserve) is an ideal place to walk. This way you will really enjoy this natural setting... more travel advice
- Take a rest with tea, coffee or other...
- Picknick-basket and -plate
- Christmascarols at the castle
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Rheden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Rheden and up-hill: the Posbank"
- "Fall break"
- "Mailboxes in Rheden"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rheden
- Hotels in Rheden
- Transportation in Rheden
- Restaurants in Rheden
- Warnings and Dangers in Rheden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rheden
- 11 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Rheden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rheden
Photos in RhedenSee All Photos (22)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues