Soesterberg Things to Do Tips by Pavlik_NL
Soesterberg Things to Do: 10 reviews and 14 photos
Ground to air missiles
Also outside are the air defense systems. Rocketsystems that can track, follow and disable airplanes that are in the wrong territory and don't respond to warnings.
Grandpa explaining Ilja everything about planes
Outdoors the larger planes are waiting for you - as well as a wonderful collection of jetfighters. There's even a Russian MIG present on the field, which was of course a wonderful surprise for our father in law that visitied The Netherlands recently and saw that what interests him most: airforces.
Jet turbine - completely explaned in hangar 3
In Hangar 3 the children (as well as adults that prefer to stay curious) are in for a treat. Here one explanes everything in details about airplanes. How do wings lift an airplane and what does a jet-engine actualy do? Questions that will be answered in a very clear way. Furthermore one will see how a chair shoots out of an jetplane and one can actually make a flight in a simulator.
Going up vertically: the helicopters
Also in Hangar 2 the history of the helicopters within the Dutch airforce. There are six examples from old two new standing here.
Earlt jetplanes used by the Dutch airforce
In Hangar 2 there is a collection of more modern airplanes, especially the attention towards jet-engine driven machines. The first Dutch jet-plane was a Gloster Meteor, just after the second worldwar the NL airforce obtained a handfull of them. Now-a-days they are flying with F-16's and add to the NATO airforce all over the world.
Officer, gentlemen and a lady
Also in Hangar 1 you will find a wonderful collection of uniforms worn in the time that uniforms still were colourful and bright. This section is especially interesting for all that have the interest not only on airplanes, but everything that surrounds it.
An old Fokker stealing the show
In Hangar 1 you will find the old models. The airplanes the Dutch airforce used from the start at the end of the 19th century to the years just after the second world war. Fokkers wonderful classic models, that stoole the show in the early decades of the 20st century are to be seen in real, as well as magnificent planes such as the Spitfire, the Focke-Wulfe, the Mustang and the Mitchel-bomber.
More Reviews (3)
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Soesterberg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Soesterberg with Reynaert"
- "Step into the world of Fokker and friends"
- "Soesterberg air base"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Soesterberg
- Transportation in Soesterberg
- Restaurants in Soesterberg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Soesterberg
- 10 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (149)
Have you been to Soesterberg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Soesterberg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues