"Take a walk down the typical Holland" Staphorst by Pavlik_NL
Staphorst Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 82 photos
America has it's Amsih, we have Staphorst. Okay, that is very much overexagorated, but indeed, Staphorst still has kept quite a lot of traditions that have disappeared in the rest of the modern Netherlands.
Though, many are also completely traditional here in Staphorst itself, for example the clothing! Staphorst is situated in Overijssel and rather far from the main tourist masses. Still, when you drives up North you must pass it as it lays direct on the freeway A28 between Zwolle and Groningen. Take a glimps and get down from the fast asfalt to even only drive up and down the mainstreet of the village. On both hands you can admire the beautiful farmhouses that are always in complete neatness and order. Why? That you can read in my tips.
When one says Staphorst, one has to mention Rouveen. These two attached villages look alike in all appearances. The farmhouses, the sentiments and the culture and relgion. Staphorst and Rouveen, as we say in The Netherlands are two hand on one belly.
Some framhouses in Staphorst have them, normally in places near the door or even just inside in the hallway or toilet.... more travel advice
Very distinguished are the windowshutters at each and every one of the farmhouses. Large wooden, and carefully painted,... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Staphorst Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STAPHORST - folklore and religion"
- "Take a walk down the typical Holland"
- "A typical Orthodox Calvinist village."
- "Staphorst - Found Myself in a Strange Town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Staphorst
- Hotels in Staphorst
- Transportation in Staphorst
- Shopping in Staphorst
- Warnings and Dangers in Staphorst
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Staphorst
- 14 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Staphorst?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Staphorst
Photos in StaphorstSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues