"Off the beaten path staying along the dikes" Uitdam by Pavlik_NL
Uitdam Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 10 photos
Uitdam itself is just a small village along the dikes of the Markermeer. It's situated a bit further then Durgerdam, which is already part of Amsterdam manucipality. When foreign people want to see Amsterdam and come with children, I'ld recommend to not stay in the busy and chaotic centre of town, but to enjoy true Holland, just outside the capitol. Uitdam offers great places to stay in farmhouses with a typical Dutch interior and countryside.
Dikevillages are something typical in Holland. Here, in the shade of Amsterdam, one can find some really great examples and what more does a foreign tourist want? Water on one side. Along the dikes many small Dutch houses and some farmhouses in the green fields.
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Uitdam Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "So close and yet so far away"
- "Off the beaten path staying along the dikes"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Uitdam
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Uitdam?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Uitdam
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues