Wageningen Local Custom Tips by Pavlik_NL
Wageningen Local Customs: 2 reviews and 2 photos
Concerts on the mainstage in Wageningen
Here's the place to be on the fifth of May. The concerts in Wageningen have "world"famous (within The Netherlands that is - (-: ) artists attending and masses come to listen. Their also the "helicopter-act" that one band has the dubious honour of experiencing. The start in Wageningen to then immediately fly to the next town for a concert there. This goes on the whole day until they rounded up many places where liberation / freedom-day festivities are in The Netherlands. An exhausting job!
One of many buildings of the LUW
Wageningen has - besides "liberation-town" of The Netherlands also a name in world standard. In Agricultural education everyweher in the world one knows about the Agricultural University of Wageningen (LUW = Landbouw Universiteit Wageningen). Not only the University itself, but all related institutes are settled in and around the town, making it a centre of knowledge and exploration of everything agriculture stands for. Students from all over the world fight for a place on this university and it can well be compared with the stadards that Oxford has in the more general universities.
University and all institutes are in close cooperation in the WUR. Below you find the webaddress for more information.
More Reviews (6)
- See All The old citywalls and the parcs...
- Not that well connected to the outside...
- Wageningen is in NL quite of the beaten...
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Wageningen Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Wageningen, our university city!"
- "Wageningen, town of freedom and liberation"
- "A small, great city In Holland"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wageningen
- Transportation in Wageningen
- Nightlife in Wageningen
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wageningen
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (148)
Have you been to Wageningen?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wageningen
Photos in WageningenSee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues