"Buda and Pest, two together make one" Budapest by Pavlik_NL
Budapest Travel Guide: 7,710 reviews and 17,863 photos
Not many people know it, but Budapest actually consists of two cities: Buda (West of the Donau-river) and Pest (East). Together they make the Hungarian capitol and although many say that Vienna is the pearl on the Donau (Danube) I must answer that Budapest takes this place. Maybe it's the contrast between the hilly Buda with it's pictoresk Fishermen's Bastion and Saint Vitus-cathedral and the flat country on which Pest is build. Many parcs give the busy citizens the necessary peacefull places and if you have the change you should enjoy a bath in one of the very old bathhouses. Only to see the elderly people play chess, soaking in the healing waters of many springs around the city. The huge House of Parlement are build like the one in London, yet in view quiet different. All the bridges over the river are at night alluminated which makes a walk along the riverbanks a perfect closing of the day.
Inside the independance-park is a little lunapark with a giant wheel. Not that gigantic, but high enough to have a nice... more travel advice
Planes, traines and automobiles. The Hungarian capitol can be reached in many ways. The airport is oustide Budapest and... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Budapest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Budapest - My dear hometown! :)"
- "Budapest, the "Phoenix bird", my lovely home city"
- "A fantastic town along the Danube River"
- "A New Year, A New City"
- "SUCH A GORGEOUS CITY"
- "I could get used to this!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Budapest
- Hotels in Budapest
- Transportation in Budapest
- Nightlife in Budapest
- Restaurants in Budapest
- Shopping in Budapest
- Warnings and Dangers in Budapest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Budapest
- 5 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Budapest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Budapest
- Posted in Travel Pieterburen Forum "Re: Wadden loop"
- Commented on one of shirez's Budapest travel pages
- updated a Budapest Travel Page "Buda and Pest, two together make one"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Buda and Pest, two together make one"
- Wrote a Review Inside the independance-park... in Budapest Off The Beaten Path
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues