"Durbuy ... the smallest town in the world???" Top 5 Page for this destination Durbuy by Pavlik_NL
Durbuy Travel Guide: 37 reviews and 133 photos
Durbuy, the smallest town on earth, is still the slogan of this pictiresk little place with a deep valley of the Ardennes mountains. Charming it is, but the smallest city in the world it for sure is not (anymore). But let that not be a reason of not going here, as the place has a nice scenery to offer and a constant business with tourists coming and going from all over the globe always accounts for a certain atmosphere.
On the bank of the river Ourthe this wonderful castle is sitting on a rock and welcoming the many visitors to Durbuy. The castle already belongs for centuries to the family Ursel and has been renovated several times.
Durbuy holds a collection of almost all traditional build houses in the style of the Ardennes. This style reckons itself especially because of the buildingmaterial that was everywhere used and easily found. Rocks and "Lei"stone are the main ingredients. watch them closely when you are there ... it's quite wonderful how they did it in those days. Especially the "Lei"stone needs much work and a lot of patience.
Durbuy is maybe THE touristic hotspot in the Belgian Ardennes and everything there is commercialised for the massive... more travel advice
There is a possibility to be driven through the alleys of Durbuy by horse and wagon, but ... Durbuy is so small that it... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Durbuy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Durbuy ... the smallest town in the world???"
- "WELCOME TO MY DURBUY PAGE ......:-)"
- "I will have to return to Durbuy, meanwhile... :)"
- "The smallest city in the world"
- "Once The Smallest Town In The World"
- "SWEET DURBUY......"
- "Smallest City in the World, Oké, at least Belgium."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Durbuy
- Hotels in Durbuy
- Transportation in Durbuy
- Restaurants in Durbuy
- Shopping in Durbuy
- Warnings and Dangers in Durbuy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Durbuy
- 8 Reviews
- 11 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (48)
Have you been to Durbuy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Durbuy
- Posted in Travel Kasteel Doorwerth Forum "Re: s`nachts rondlopen op zoek..."
- Wrote a Review For those who despice touristic hotspots in Durbuy Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "For those who despice touristic hotspots"
- created a Durbuy Travel Page "Durbuy ... the smallest town in the world???"
Photos in DurbuySee All Photos (11)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues