"Underground world awaiting in famous caves" Sougné-Remouchamps by Pavlik_NL
Sougné-Remouchamps Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 18 photos
150 years ago, one would never have guessed what important touristic role Remouchamps would play in the future, but after the caves were discovered and entrance was available for average visitors ... this little Ardennes-village has made it to the topaatraction within it's surroundings. Together with Han-sur-Lesse and Rochefort, it offers the visitor a magnificent tour through the underground world of it's caves. Here the walkingtour is combined with the longest submerged boattrip in Europe. Together a very special activity.
The guide is showing us around and telling all there is to know about the things we meet along the dark underground ways. He does that in many languages, but always with this wonderful French accent that makes his sentences like dancing in the echoing space. A walkingtour of 1.200 metres is finsihed with a instable boattrip of 700 metres. In the last moments we meet "Le Palmier" ... the palmtree ... a column of chalkrock, mirrored in the water of the underground river Rubicon.
Outside the river Ambleve is cutting Sougne-Remouchamps in two parts. When there is enough water canoeing on this river is an activity that is both relaxing as sportive. The current will bring you there if you choose not to row too much and this way you will enjoy the scenery optimaly. High cliffs hanging over you while the peaceful sound of running water is always there to accompany you.
Here we are in The Belgian Ardennes and though Belgians all are supposed to speak at least two languages (and most do)... more travel advice
Easiest way to reach remouchamps is by own car. You just take the hit off the freeway from Liege to Luxembourg called... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Sougné-Remouchamps Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Sougné-Remouchamps
- Hotels in Sougné-Remouchamps
- Transportation in Sougné-Remouchamps
- Restaurants in Sougné-Remouchamps
- Warnings and Dangers in Sougné-Remouchamps
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sougné-Remouchamps
- 6 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Sougné-Remouchamps?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sougné-Remouchamps
- Posted in Travel Netherlands Forum "Re: Best Delftware in The..."
- Wrote a Review Belgium, there's always something with language in Sougné-Remouchamps Warnings and Dangers
- Uploaded a Photo to "Belgium, there's always something with language"
- created a Sougné-Remouchamps Travel Page "Underground world awaiting in famous caves"
Photos in Sougné-RemouchampsSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues