"Värmland, central Sweden in the middle of nature" Top 5 Page for this destination Karlstad by Pavlik_NL
Karlstad Travel Guide: 130 reviews and 181 photos
Karlstad, a town that has - like so many towns in Sweden - the mixed character of being a town and a village. People know one another and you are welcomed in a way that fills your heart with warmth (do the Swedish have this gift because of their long, long winter?). Karlstad is friendly and the surrounding Värmland holds a treasure in nature: Tiveden National Park. It consists from more then one part and holds various landscapes. There is also a long hikingpath of which maps are distributed by the local tourist information. The hike is 21 days long and called "Bergslagsleden". It will bring you through amazing natural areas that varie from swamps (caused by beaverdams), glacial forests and paths along lakes that reflect the wonderful skies that seem to appear every evening, morning and day.
Again I point out to the surroundings of towns: the nature. In sweden it is free to put your tent anywhere you like.... more travel advice
Near the nice town of Degerfors there is a part of Tiveden's National Park that consists of a glacial forest. The... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Karlstad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Karlstad - the town in my heart"
- "Värmland, central Sweden in the middle of nature"
- "Karlstad - a pretty and nice town!"
- "Vitalis's new Karlstad Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Karlstad
- Hotels in Karlstad
- Transportation in Karlstad
- Nightlife in Karlstad
- Restaurants in Karlstad
- Shopping in Karlstad
- Warnings and Dangers in Karlstad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Karlstad
- 4 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (52)
Have you been to Karlstad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Karlstad
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues