"Sweden, the freedom to be outside" Top 5 Page for this destination Örebro by Pavlik_NL
Örebro Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 206 photos
"Our" lake near Svarta. What a joy to camp where-ever you want. In Sweden it is possible. Hiking or biking becomes a wondrful activity if you in the evening can put down your tent in a forest on the shores of a clear clean lake. You gather some wood and have a small campfire. Yes, this freedom you don't find anywhere else in Europe as long as we all keep it also that way. The amazingly hospital people of Sweden rant us this pleasure as long as we try to keep things as we find them. Hiking can also be done from "hute" to "hute", proper wooden cabins in the midstnatural splendour. In summertime the days are endless (it doesn't go dark) and sunrise is at the end of sunset. This view mirrored in one of the thousands of lakes ... can you imagine. Okay, alcohol (hmm, shame to tax it) and cigarettes (perfect to put huge taxes on them) are rather expensive in the whole of Scandinavia, but the people are more friendly then in most European countries. In contrast to that are the public facilities relatively cheap. So, getting around by bus is good, but - and you realy should do this - public swimmingpools are almost for free. If you then know thatmost of them also have the traditional sauna's ... By the way, swimming in the lakes is of course also big fun, but take into consideration that the watertemperatures is very low, before you dive in (and find yourself diving out again).
By airplane the gateways to Sweden are Stockholm, Goteborg or Malmo. Coming by car or train from mainland Europe one... more travel advice
The Orebro Svampen (= Mushroom) is an enormous watertower. From it's top you can enjoy a dazzling overview of... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Örebro Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Örebro Castle and the Open Air Museum : Wadköping"
- "A nice town in the heart of Sweden"
- "Sweden, the freedom to be outside"
- "Nobbe's new Örebro page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Örebro
- Hotels in Örebro
- Transportation in Örebro
- Restaurants in Örebro
- Shopping in Örebro
- Warnings and Dangers in Örebro
- See All...
Explore the World
- Richards Bay
- The California Sea Otter State Game Refuge Hotels
- The Gambia Hotels
- Panglao Island
- Flaming Gorge National Recreation Area Hotels
- Usina Beach Hotels
- Porto Recanati
- Grand Baie
- Calderitas Hotels
- Semarang Hotels
- Rancho Mirage
Badges & Stats in Örebro
- 5 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (54)
Have you been to Örebro?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Örebro
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues