"Agay and the man that was king over himself" Agay by Pavlik_NL
Agay Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 19 photos
"Ile d'Or", or the golden island, used to be just a rock in the mediterranean sea. Until a man decided to buy it and built a castletower on it. This excentric guy then called himself "king of the golden land" and became wellknown for his exclusive parties that often saw many famous and rich people that lived along the Cote d'Azur.
But Agay also knows some less sunny history, when the Amreicans landed here to free Southern France from Nazi-influenced parties within the pact of Lyon. The landing was quite successful, but the liberation took many months and equal many lifes.
Going from Saint-Raphael / Fréjus to Cannes and rounding the capes and bays that the "Esterel"-mountains left along the... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Agay Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Agay and the man that was king over himself"
- "Between Cannes and St. Raphael"
- "Agay (Between St Raphaël and Cannes)"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Agay
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Agay?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Agay
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues