"Stars, beaches, festivals and cars" Top 5 Page for this destination Cannes by Pavlik_NL
Cannes Travel Guide: 448 reviews and 1,125 photos
Cannes, worldfamous for it's festival, the European walk of fame and the wonderful location of the town on the coast and the bay. One hardly can't visit the Cote d'Azur, without visiting Cannes, however ... disappointment can easily be found in the home of glitter and glamour. The beaches are full and expensive. On top of that, they all close at 18:00 hours (so a romantic evening on it is out of the question). The boulevard is long, yet somehow always packed with cars, leaving no place to park. Prices are outrageously high and the walk of fame ... well, if I would be a star, I would find it a disgrace to have my hands here (the stones are dirty and badly maintained).
Still there is this mondain spirit hanging in the streets of Cannes. This is the place that every year knows to attract the biggest stars in the world to the film festival. Once YOUR favourite filmstar walked over these stones and, hey ... isn't that ... oh no. Cannes situation on the bay and along a long stretched beach is also wonderful and the old part of town hasn't lost it's antique charme. In the bay hundreds of yaughts, variating from extrvagant huge monsters to slim beauties with sails.
On the boulevard one finds as main attractions the casino and the Cannes festival palace. The stairs where the stars ascent and descent is for sure the most popular photographic spot. At the bottom of it in between the normal streetstones are the handprints of the stars. Find your favourite and lay your hand in it ... in a seperate travelogue some of my most popular handshakes.
But also enjoy Cannes history, as being a place where the rich from all over Europe came to stay during the mild winters here. English mansions, Dutch artists apartments and even a Russian Orthodox church.
Two walks are necessary to get a good impression of Cannes. One should be in the old town, on and around Mont Chevalier... more travel advice
Cannes is easily accessible from the highway A8 going from Italy, along Nice to Marseille. more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Cannes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- ""RÉGATES ROYALES" AT THE YACHT CLUB OF CANNES."
- "Direction Cannes"
- "Rachel Suns Cannes Page"
- "Stars, beaches, festivals and cars"
- "The City of festivals...."
- "Doing the Cannes-Cannes"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cannes
- Hotels in Cannes
- Transportation in Cannes
- Nightlife in Cannes
- Restaurants in Cannes
- Shopping in Cannes
- Warnings and Dangers in Cannes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cannes
- 23 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (150)
Have you been to Cannes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cannes
Photos in CannesSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues