"Magyarország, mountains, puszta, Budapest and Bala" Hungary by Pavlik_NL
Hungary Travel Guide: 10,768 reviews and 27,318 photos
Hungary, it's not immediately the first country that you would connect with biking, but (being Dutch and all) my first meeting with this middle-European country was on a bicycle. 1.500 kilometres around through a warm and warmhearted country in which I felt comfortable and welcome. The country has over the Northpart mountains and hills that change from the Alps into the Balkan (Transsylvania). Here are also many famous wine-area (Eger, Miskolc). My favorit red-wine comes from here: Egri Bikaver (Bull's Blood from Eger).
The South (except the area around Pecs) is flat, the famous Puzsta's, where the "Magyar" became the wellknown horsemen. Most touristic and beautiful is the area around the Balaton-lake. This huge, but shallow lake, with it's green-white water, is surrounded by many villages and towns that all now-a-days florish from tourism. Don't forget to try here the Tokaiji white wine. Delisciously sweet.
As already said: Budapest and Balaton. The capitol is truely a pearl on the Donau-river and can easily compete in beauty... more travel advice
If you have the chance and your not against very touristic things, you should attend to a puszta-show. Even although... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Hungary Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Republic of Hungary"
- "Paul2001 Quick trip through Hungary"
- "Hungary -- Travels with Dad"
- "I used to live here - will return to live there"
- "Beautiful Hungary Pages·:*¨`*:·~My§ticÄl~·:*¨`"
- "croisbeauty's new Hungary Page"
- "Hungary... My home"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hungary
- Hotels in Hungary
- Transportation in Hungary
- Nightlife in Hungary
- Restaurants in Hungary
- Shopping in Hungary
- Warnings and Dangers in Hungary
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hungary
- 17 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 3 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (46)
Have you been to Hungary?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hungary
- Posted in Travel Netherlands Forum "Re: Where to stay"
- Commented on one of katalin's Hungary travel pages
- Wrote a Review As already said: Budapest and... in Hungary Things to Do
- updated a Hungary Travel Page "Magyarország, mountains, puszta, Budapest and Bala"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Magyarország, mountains, puszta, Budapest and Bala"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (49)
Top Hungary hotels
- Budapest Hotels
- 7462 Reviews - 17197 Photos
- Hajduszoboszlo Hotels
- 21 Reviews - 39 Photos
- Pecs Hotels
- 324 Reviews - 792 Photos
- Debrecen Hotels
- 74 Reviews - 151 Photos
- Visegrad Hotels
- 22 Reviews - 83 Photos
- Obudai-sziget Hotels
- 1 Review - 1 Photo
- Szeged Hotels
- 75 Reviews - 139 Photos
- Siofok Hotels
- 39 Reviews - 109 Photos
- Eger Hotels
- 174 Reviews - 460 Photos
- Sopron Hotels
- 82 Reviews - 340 Photos
- Szekesfehervar Hotels
- 59 Reviews - 185 Photos
- Heviz Hotels
- 32 Reviews - 82 Photos
- Buk Hotels
- 4 Reviews - 6 Photos
- Tokaj Hotels
- 33 Reviews - 69 Photos
- Gyor Hotels
- 78 Reviews - 278 Photos