"The birthcradle of parfume" Top 5 Page for this destination Grasse by Pavlik_NL
Grasse Travel Guide: 55 reviews and 137 photos
Grasse is old, very old. Here in the mountains North of the mondain Cannes, this town already goes back to the beginning of the counted years. Ligurians settled in the furtile valley and started a settlement. The settlement grew as the trade started to florish. Agricultural products from the surroundings later specialised into flowers, the bases of the main industry that eventually gave Grasse the name "parfume capitol of the world".
The valley of Grasse is rich of sources. Fresh water is a key element for success in such warm environment as the inlands North of the Cote d'Azur. Walking through town you will still see that water is a vital element in the street scenery as everywhere you walk you will see old and new fountains and wells, providing refreshment for the passing pedestrian.
We visited n the wrong season to have the joy of the blossoming flowerfields that surround Grasse. In spring, but also in summer, Grasse vicinity is smelling with lovely scents that fill the air. Especially known is the purple Lavendula, which also is a very important ingredient for many parfumes. In autumn and winter one can anyway take a sniff of the flowery bouquet of Grasse, as you haven't been in Grasse, when you didn't visit at least one parfume "factory" to "smell the roses".
Not in the centre, but more in the outskirts of Grasse, this town of parfume, hides it's parcs and gardens. To be... more travel advice
Grasse is situated around 20 kilometres landinwards from Cannes and easily accessible through a motorway (N85). more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Grasse Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grasse: Perfume, Napoleon, and Madame Guillotine"
- "The birthcradle of parfume"
- "Grasse - Perfumeries and a Flower Market"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grasse
- Hotels in Grasse
- Transportation in Grasse
- Restaurants in Grasse
- Warnings and Dangers in Grasse
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grasse
- 15 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Grasse?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grasse
Photos in GrasseSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues