"Portes du Soleil: sunny snow in two countries" Les Gets by Pavlik_NL
Les Gets Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 27 photos
Just South of Lac Leman / Lake of Geneva the mountains of the Alps rise to it's summit at the Mont Blanc. The largest ski-area of the world is stretching from France into Switzerland and is called "Les Portes du Soleil" (the gates of the sun). Approximately 160 kilometres of connecting skisloops can make long skisafari's possible and centre of this all is Avoriaz, a hotelconcentration at the top of a steep cliff, especially made for skiers. From here you can ski endlessly around. Lac Leman is amazingly situated on the foot of the high mountains and on it's Northern shore the hills are just high enough to prevent the water from leaving the reservoir. Actually the lake is a part of the river Rhone, that later ends in the Mediteranian Sea close to Marseille. Geneva is the French-Swiss city at the far West-side of the lake. This famous congresscity is easily to be visited from the ski-area by organised tours, especially when the skiconditions by weather are less good.
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Les Gets Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A small village in a mountain valley"
- "Portes du Soleil: sunny snow in two countries"
- "A few steps in Les Gets"
- "LES GETS"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Les Gets
- Hotels in Les Gets
- Transportation in Les Gets
- Restaurants in Les Gets
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Les Gets
- 1 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (51)
Have you been to Les Gets?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Les Gets
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues