"A very special place along the Cote d'Azur" Roquebrune-Cap-Martin by Pavlik_NL
Roquebrune-Cap-Martin Travel Guide: 21 reviews and 46 photos
Between Menton and Monaco, a large manucipality is stretching from the mountains towards the sea and includes the peninsula Cap Martin. The built area on the rocky slopes of the "Alpes Maritime" carries the name Roquebrune, which translated means something like "Brown Rocks". The situation of this place is truely superb. With Eze this is the most beautiful place along the Cote d'Azur and little less touristic. The combination of the long coastline around the Cape and the colourful houses of the ancient Roquebrune makes it to an absolute must for Cote-d'Azur visitors.
Roquebrune is situated on the rocks that rise from the mediterranean. The other part of this piece of the Cote d'Azur cuts deep into the sea as a peninsula-shaped cape: Cap-Martin. Here luxereous villa's and mansions compete with some hotels and other commercial enterprices about the ex[ensive soil that reaches into the blue water. Beaches are small, but a foothpath with wonderful views and nice relatively silent places rounds the cape.
Though history goes very far back in time along the Cote d'Azur coast, here - like in many other places - only few things remain. Roquebrune village is definately a perfect example. The winding small streets and stairshaped alleys that reach to the top on which a amazing castle is still waiting for it's visitors. From here one enjoys a breathtaking view over the red roofs of the village, along green palmtrees and bushes into the deep blue sea of the Mediterranee.
Roquebrune is proud of it. The thousand year old olive tree that belongs to the oldest living creatures in this world.... more travel advice
Arriving to Roquebrune-Cap-Martin is also possible by train, however, one should know that the railway tracks run down... more travel advice
Pavlik_NL's Related Pages
Roquebrune-Cap-Martin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A very special place along the Cote d'Azur"
- "Medieval Roquebrune and luxurious Cap Martin"
- "Scent of sea with a touch of medieval"
- "It just goes up"
- "Coming soon...'Roquebrune, worth the stop!""
- "Part of the French Riviera"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
- Hotels in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
- Transportation in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
- Restaurants in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
- 13 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (151)
Have you been to Roquebrune-Cap-Martin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Roquebrune-Cap-Martin
Photos in Roquebrune-Cap-MartinSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Amsterdam Intro, 108 reviews, 135 photos, 2 travelogues
- Vienna Intro, 73 reviews, 169 photos, 4 travelogues
- Ameland Intro, 89 reviews, 107 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ieper Intro, 79 reviews, 110 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Arnhem Intro, 66 reviews, 106 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Delft Intro, 74 reviews, 94 photos, 2 travelogues
- Antwerp Intro, 67 reviews, 99 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Krasnodar Intro, 50 reviews, 96 photos, 1 travelogue
- Netherlands Intro, 46 reviews, 81 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mechelen Intro, 56 reviews, 68 photos, 2 travelogues