"Santa Barbara" Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Barbara by Pounder73

Santa Barbara Travel Guide: 656 reviews and 1,213 photos

The best 5 years

The best 5 years of my life... and barely took any pictures of the place. Well, that is only partly true. I took lots of pictures, but in college, they were usually of people doing things one does in college. I never thought of taking pictures of State Street, or the local art vendors along the beach.

SB is a beautiful Spanish styled beachside town that sits right in between the Pacific Ocean overlooking the Channel Islands and the Santa Barbara Mountains. (Last I knew) it was the largest unincorporated city in California. You can enjoy hikes in the mountains, walks on the beach, great restaurants and fun (college catering) bars. The city is not very big, so as long as you have a car, you are never far from anything.

Until I go back, and actually act like a tourist, (which is hard for me to do in familiar places), I won't have too many pictures for you. Although, if you are heading this way, and have some questions, don’t hesitate to write me. I go back here quite often, since I have some friends who never left.

I will however guide you to some of my favorite spots to eat drink and be one with nature.

For a slightly different SB (read: college experience - Visit my Isla Vista Pages)

• Pros:it's Santa Barbara
  • Cons:not many
  • In a nutshell:Sand, Surf, Sun and a whole lot of fun
  • Intro Updated Apr 22, 2003

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2008 at 6:51 AM

Nice tips!

• KimberlyAnn's Profile Photo
    Oct 5, 2006 at 5:59 PM

State Street, got it. Thanks for the great, and helpful tips.

• Feb 16, 2005 at 1:09 PM

Unfortunately, these directions are to my house! I live in teh community, and the cave is not within our gates!!! The cave is actually .5 mile beyond the community in the "enchanted forest"

• Oct 18, 2004 at 5:06 PM

I know! I live in Goleta (right next to Santa Barbara) and it's ridiculous! Guys wear flip-flops about as much as any other warm-climated place, but girls wear them, gosh, I'd say 70% of the time (some a lot more or less than others, though).

• XenoHumph's Profile Photo
    Oct 13, 2003 at 12:13 PM

Excellent page! Boy, I wish i were rich enough to live there!!

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2003 at 12:26 PM

Safe. It's kinda like the college connection. When you meet a chick from college she automatically feels comfortable lettin you nail her. She thinks you have this common bond all because you go to the same school. All of the sudden,(snaps fingers), SAFE.

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2003 at 8:49 PM

S.B. sounds fabu! Mahalo, LB!

• solo_mc's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2003 at 4:58 PM

I am for the sun going down behind the mountains. I am glad Santa Barbara has arranged things the right way.

• paradisedreamer's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2003 at 10:45 AM

I loves this place, probably my favourite town / city in California. Sunrises are also beautiful but I guess you didn't see many of those while at Uni !!.

• Easty's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2003 at 5:32 PM

Great Pictures, expecially the sunset ones. You captured some of the best sunsets.

Pounder73

“You're so money and you don't even know it”

Badges & Stats in Santa Barbara

Have you been to Santa Barbara?

Latest Activity in Santa Barbara