"MY 4th of July" Top 5 Page for this destination Big Sur by Pounder73

Big Sur Travel Guide: 308 reviews and 886 photos

Better than any fireworks i have ever seen...

Some people celebrated the 4th (USA’s Independence Day) by gathering among the hoards of people watching parades and lighting off explosive devices. Others may have gathered with friends and family and barbequed. We… we escaped all that and enjoyed a little corner of the States that reminded us of what makes this country great.

• Intro Updated Jul 12, 2003

• MikeBird's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2008 at 2:55 PM

Hi, Is the Sea Otter the black comma mark in the photo? How fantastic to see these creatures. I think I'm being persuaded to visit California after all. Thanks, Mike

• berne1's Profile Photo
    Jul 16, 2004 at 4:05 AM

great page.. drove from LA to SF and passed all these fantastic sights... cheers from Switzerland

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2003 at 5:00 PM

When I look at these photos, it makes me want to get a nice bottle of cab, and light up and chill. Great Mood you got goin' on w/ these photos. Mahalo!

• Guantanamera's Profile Photo
    Sep 1, 2003 at 7:00 PM

Brilliant Hearst tip... shapes and shadows... a good slice of Americana!

• kenmerk's Profile Photo
    Aug 4, 2003 at 8:33 PM

That is what puts us on top of the food chanin: Opposible thumbs.. (Makes it easier to open a beer...) Great outdoor page, Pounder...

• Johnny_CA's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2003 at 11:49 PM

I guess you's and I's have the same problems with arses always getting in the way of our pictures. I hate it. Why can't those arse just mind their own biznes and stay out!

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2003 at 2:03 AM

[..]And the executives were saying to bring the Golden Arcs to Big Sur. They told us that the place have a potential for at least 5 shops but strongly argued about if selling MacNugets in all of them... Manuel, CNN, Chicago.

• Jul 15, 2003 at 10:45 PM

You've seriously captured the essence of Big Sur! I come here almost every weekend and every time it takes my breath away as if I'm seeing it for the first time

• risamay's Profile Photo
    Jul 14, 2003 at 11:56 AM

wow. love the "holy sweet mother" ocean view shot. incredible.

• Jul 13, 2003 at 4:01 PM

Amazing photographs and writings. Makes me want to get up and go camping. Then again, I always have a desire to get dirty ;-)

Pounder73

“You're so money and you don't even know it”

Badges & Stats in Big Sur

Have you been to Big Sur?

Latest Activity in Big Sur