"Warning, Actung, Beware!!!" Alviso by Pounder73

Alviso Travel Guide: 50 reviews and 58 photos

Alviso is located in Santa Clara, near San Jose. This is where thrown away disposable goods are dumped. It is the local (massive) waste site nestled between the sloughs of the Bay and Agnews, the local mental ward. Between the hours of 6am and 10pm, you can relax between the airplanes' thunderous roars as they take off directly overhead.

During the dot.com boom, there was massive development of housing in this area because the land was cheap. Hmmm… can’t be good. I wonder if this is some other form of Tuskegee Experiment or someth’n… der arnt too many of dem white-folks doun en dem parts.

Anyway, back to the story at hand, when I think of dump sites, I think of rats, when I think of rats, I think of snake food. With that being said… It has been very warm in California. These means faster metabolism for my snakes. This increases the desire to feed. Or so it is supposed to…

So if you get queasy watching the Crock Hunter or have a problem with meat being eaten before it gets sent to the processing plant, than do no proceed. This is not for you Vegan-Veggie people: Sorry guys and gals, this will not be to your liking either.

• Intro Updated Jul 2, 2003

• Oct 4, 2011 at 8:57 PM

Alviso has many new enhancements in recent years; I deeply believe Alviso will be next destination for profitable investments.

I go cycling and watching birds on weekends in Alviso, Alviso is a nice place for me to relax, and maybe a place to build my dream home, I like its low cost land and excellent location for commute.

• shashasharon's Profile Photo
    Dec 14, 2004 at 8:08 PM

thanks for the lesson.I have no idea why I kept reading on.this page is my least fav of yours or of all VT now I know why you spend so little time on line.your busy taking care of and maintaing your freak life (joke)..aahh..your still money

• manuelEB's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2003 at 6:35 PM

I know where you can get rat for free. A bit far from Cali, though!!!

• andal13's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2003 at 11:12 AM

Do the snakes like tacos? I wonder, just in case you confuse the bags and eat the snakey-cake...

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2003 at 9:51 PM

One of my favorite lunchtime hangouts at work for Mexican food is located in Alviso. I shall never step foot in that joint again. Thanks to you, Pound, if I ever eat Mexican food in Alviso again, guess what I'll associate it with? Eeoow.

• Guantanamera's Profile Photo
    Jul 2, 2003 at 6:39 PM

Reminds me of the legend of the Midgard Serpent which encircles the earth and at the time of the twilight of the gods, will rise up from the ocean and slay the god of thunder... I also really liked the unexpected detour to pick up Mexican food...!

Pounder73

“You're so money and you don't even know it”

Badges & Stats in Alviso