"Gstaad" Gstaad by Pounder73
Gstaad Travel Guide: 26 reviews and 46 photos
Take the train from Montreux, up through the mountains for about an hour. (if i remember correctly)
I was supposed to meet a friend here, who had a place to stay, but we missed each other and I eventually caught the last train that night to Geneva. It is a very picturesque village where people like Liz Taylor and Roger Moore own Chalets. The center street of the town is less than a half mile, but filled with shops like Rolex, Cartier, and other of the sorts. Every other car I saw was either Audi’s, BMW’s, Bentley’s, Rolls Royce.
I was there a week or two after the ski season closed, and the village basically shuts down with very few places to stay, and none for the budget traveler. (Read my travelogue for the story)
- Pros:Picturesque small alpine mountain village for the rich and famous
- Cons:Makes Geneva feel like a slum
- In a nutshell:if you can afford it, more power to you
Visa, don't leave home without it. if you have to ask, you can't afford it. more travel advice
Pounder73's Related Pages
Gstaad Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Hiking for the Beautiful People"
- "Gstaad in Summer"
- "Hike from Château d'Oex to Gstaad"
- "Mountainbiking in Gstaad"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Gstaad
- Hotels in Gstaad
- Transportation in Gstaad
- Nightlife in Gstaad
- Restaurants in Gstaad
- Shopping in Gstaad
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Gstaad
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Gstaad?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Gstaad
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Sur Intro, 85 reviews, 86 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 67 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strawberry Intro, 57 reviews, 58 photos
- Alviso Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Barbara Intro, 36 reviews, 29 photos
- English Center Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 12 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ensenada Intro, 23 reviews, 16 photos
- California Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Isla Vista Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue