"Baja California, Mexico" Top 5 Page for this destination Estado de Baja California Norte by Pounder73

Estado de Baja California Norte Travel Guide: 1,370 reviews and 2,850 photos

Ensenada

I’ve been to enough to give Ensenada its own pages… check them out...

Loretto & La Paz

Both of these small towns are North of Cabo on the Sea of Cortez. They cater to deep sea sport fishing (read - fishing is much better here than in Cabo, but less of a party ) Both times I traveled, or better yet, vacationed here, I paid an all inclusive package from Los Angeles. Both of these times were in the mid 1990's and cost about $700.00 (i am sure it's more these days) a person, this included:
* flights from LA to Loretto or La Paz
* about 5 days and nights
*3 days of fishing
*all meals
* (la paz) all drinks - open bar
* access to (clothing optional) beaches, golf course, snorkeling, and easy cab ride to the town.

my college friend who i went there with, is the big deep sea fisherman, so i was along for the ride, he searched for the deals. We were there mid summer, very hot, but nice. we fished mainly for Durado (mahi-mahi in Hawaii) and sailfish. and we didn't catch any marlin. the durrado were about 25 to 45lbs each (one was about 50) and the sailfish were about 120 lbs each (one was about 200) very good eats! we brought a empty 104 gallon cooler down with us, and it was filled upon return.

• Pros:easily accessible from LA or San Diego
  • Cons:skip TJ - i mean it
  • In a nutshell:for me, a quick, cheap and easy way to get out of the States for a weekend
  • Last visit to Estado de Baja California Norte: Nov 2002
  • Intro Updated Jun 21, 2003

• vesna04's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2003 at 4:48 PM

Nice page and completely diferent experiance than from another VT fellow. When I red his page I thought this region is good only for avoiding:)

• Hexepatty's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2003 at 6:52 PM

I caught me a fish about that big once.

• dabuwan's Profile Photo
    Jun 4, 2003 at 5:12 PM

Very informative page with helpful tips. Well done!

• Pounder73's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2003 at 5:20 PM

The fig leaves just didn't cut it...

• Geisha_Girl's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2003 at 1:06 PM

Whoa! Now that's a big fish you got there! But, listen....rule of thumb: if you're gonna go to a "Clothing Optional" resort, then you can't be hiding behind the palm leaves!

Pounder73

“You're so money and you don't even know it”

Badges & Stats in Estado de Baja California Norte

Have you been to Estado de Baja California Norte?