California Off The Beaten Path Tips by Pounder73
California Off The Beaten Path: 186 reviews and 229 photos
My Brother and "guide"
BECAUSE IT IS AMAZING!!!
I had the time of my life. I jumped out of Paso Robles, which is almost the halfway point between San Jose and Santa Barbara, on the 101 Hwy.
Somewhere in the middle of my college career, about 1995, a bunch of us decided to go skydiving. It was easy, not too expensive, and something you will never forget! There were about 15 of us that went, and so we got the group discount. (About $125.00, at 12,500 ft (3810 meters) - less at 10500 ft and extra for pictures and/or video - I would assume prices have risen some) I would recomend first timers going tandem. You basically don't have to worry about a thing, and when you are doing it, the person is behind you, so it is like you're there solo.
Many people have asked me if I was scared? And all I can say is, it doesn't matter what you feel before you take the jump, but once you do, all you anxiousness or nervousness goes right out the door too. Once you are "flying" or free-falling, you are not worried about a single thing in the world, not even if your parachute will open. You?re just alive.
Once the chute pops open, there is a huge "BANG" and then - silence.
I attached a link to different skydiving locations around the state and country. Give it a try. I liked it way better than bungee jumping.
More Reviews (15)
Pounder73's Related Pages
California Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "CALIFORNIA ~ It's not about the glam, but nature!"
- "California - What More Do I Need To Say?"
- "Always on My Mind....California"
- "Our awesome trip to California summer of 2004"
- "The Regions of California"
- "GOLDEN STATE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in California
- Hotels in California
- Transportation in California
- Nightlife in California
- Restaurants in California
- Shopping in California
- Warnings and Dangers in California
- See All...
Explore the World
- Tagaytay City
- Lamma Island Hotels
- Colombo Hotels
- Spokane Hotels
- Salvador da Bahia
- Laoag Hotels
- San Francisco Off The Beaten Path
- Outside Greater Toronto area
- Boston Off The Beaten Path
- Maui Off The Beaten Path
- California Off The Beaten Path
- Cincinnati Off The Beaten Path
- Napa Off The Beaten Path
- Memphis Off The Beaten Path
- Puerto Rico Off The Beaten Path
- Portland Off The Beaten Path
- Las Vegas Off The Beaten Path
- Ho Chi Minh City Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in California
- 335 Reviews
- 379 Photos
- 6 Forum posts
- 10 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to California?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in California
- Posted in Travel Amsterdam Forum "Re: Re: Impolite questions from..."
- Wrote a Review Western Sierra Mountains (Strawberry page) about Mountains in California Things to Do
- Uploaded a Photo to "Western Sierra Mountains (Strawberry page)"
- updated a California Travel Page "California - It's not Baywatch"
- Commented on one of orke's California travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Big Sur Intro, 85 reviews, 86 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 67 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Strawberry Intro, 57 reviews, 58 photos
- Alviso Intro, 33 reviews, 35 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santa Barbara Intro, 36 reviews, 29 photos
- English Center Intro, 31 reviews, 32 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 12 reviews, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ensenada Intro, 23 reviews, 16 photos
- California Intro, 16 reviews, 18 photos
- Isla Vista Intro, 17 reviews, 17 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (21)
Top California hotels
- San Francisco Hotels
- 9085 Reviews - 19094 Photos
- Los Angeles Hotels
- 4343 Reviews - 8598 Photos
- San Diego Hotels
- 3053 Reviews - 6673 Photos
- Anaheim Hotels
- 703 Reviews - 1934 Photos
- Santa Barbara Hotels
- 647 Reviews - 1200 Photos
- Monterey Hotels
- 909 Reviews - 2715 Photos
- Palm Springs Hotels
- 339 Reviews - 753 Photos
- Marina del Rey Hotels
- 97 Reviews - 176 Photos
- Santa Monica Hotels
- 476 Reviews - 1051 Photos
- Cambria Hotels
- 77 Reviews - 202 Photos
- Napa Hotels
- 419 Reviews - 1142 Photos
- Yosemite National Park Hotels
- 1492 Reviews - 3398 Photos
- Santa Cruz Hotels
- 284 Reviews - 635 Photos
- Oakland Hotels
- 244 Reviews - 492 Photos
- South Lake Tahoe Hotels
- 354 Reviews - 725 Photos
- PCH--Pacific Coast Highway--Highway 1- 21 Reviews, 30 Photos
- Other California Sights- 62 Reviews, 262 Photos
- Pacific Ocean / Local Beaches- 16 Reviews, 19 Photos
- Giant Redwoods- 19 Reviews, 22 Photos
- Yosemite National Park- 50 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Hearst Castle- 23 Reviews, 59 Photos
- Mountains- 28 Reviews, 32 Photos
- Disneyland / California Adventure- 24 Reviews, 24 Photos
- 17 Mile Drive- 8 Reviews, 13 Photos
- Sequoia National Park...- 19 Reviews, 31 Photos
See All California Things to Do