"SAN SALVADOR" Top 5 Page for this destination San Salvador by MarcG
San Salvador Travel Guide: 156 reviews and 420 photos
San Salvador, capital and largest city of El Salvador was founded by spanish missionaries in 1524, in a valley commonly known as the "Valle de las Hamacas" or valley of the hammocks because of the constant sismic activity. Unfortunately this is one of the reasons why there are no buildings of this period. In fact, the oldest buildings in San Salvador are from the 1800's. San Salvador provides however a convenient location from which to explore the rest of the country. Good restaurants, shops, hotels, and friendly salvadoreans. Come in and explore the city!!
Great paintings from the national collection at the MARTE exhibit more travel advice
New building to house salvadorean archeological treasures. The museum is divided into 5 halls tracing the history,... more travel advice
- See All French patisserie
- See All La Luna
- San Salvador provides a wide...
- Packing List
MarcG's Related Pages
San Salvador Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Salvador - Capital of El Salvador"
- "SAN SALVADOR"
- "San Salvador is OK"
- "San Salvador Page"
- "Thelukey’s New San Salvador Page"
- "El Salvador"
- "My home city"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Salvador
- Hotels in San Salvador
- Transportation in San Salvador
- Nightlife in San Salvador
- Restaurants in San Salvador
- Shopping in San Salvador
- Warnings and Dangers in San Salvador
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Salvador
- 28 Reviews
- 21 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 25 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to San Salvador?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Salvador
Photos in San SalvadorSee All Photos (21)
Top 5 Pages
- El Salvador Intro, 23 reviews, 72 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Salvador Intro, 28 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suchitoto Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- La Palma Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Santa Ana Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.