"Colonial Suchitoto" Top 5 Page for this destination Suchitoto by MarcG
Suchitoto Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 85 photos
Suchitoto is located about 90 mins. from San Salvador and is a lovely colonial town, where time seems to have really stopped.
Santa Lucia church in the main square is the centre of activities: ... cobblestone streets .... colonial houses .... lakes ... horse back riding .... mountains .... scenery .... history.
The Town of Suchitoto, which means "The Place of the Birds and Flowers" in Náhuat, the indigenous language of this region contains an interesting mixture of both ancient and modern customs.
Its jurisdiction includes, in the Valley of Los Almendros, the site of the first City of San Salvador founded in 1526, of which little is known, and the Valley of La Bermuda, where, in 1528 the second attempt was made to establish the City. This second attempt was a little more successful; it remained the Capital of El Salvador until 1545 where local problems caused it to be relocated to its present site.
For complete information and a list of cultural activities, visit this website: http://www.suchitototurismo.com more travel advice
MarcG's Related Pages
Suchitoto Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Old capital"
- "Colonial Suchitoto"
- "Charming Colonial town"
- "Living in Suchitoto"
- "Pretty, tranquil town above the beautiful lake"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Suchitoto
- Hotels in Suchitoto
- Transportation in Suchitoto
- Restaurants in Suchitoto
- Warnings and Dangers in Suchitoto
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Suchitoto
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Suchitoto?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Suchitoto
Top 5 Pages
- El Salvador Intro, 23 reviews, 72 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination San Salvador Intro, 28 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Suchitoto Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos, 1 travelogue
- La Palma Intro, 7 reviews, 8 photos
- Santa Ana Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.