Australia Nightlife Tips by Kate-Me
Australia Nightlife: 77 reviews and 66 photos
Jerome Smith, Bob Spencer & band
There are plenty of nightclubs, pubs and gay bars etc in Melbourne.
My recommendation if you like rock music is to check out the pubs in the gig guide - many offer live bands for a cheap night out.
Good way to hear some Aussie music and absorb some of the culture - after all, it's in such pubs that
Oz music was born. Its grass roots I guess. Many now famous rock bands started out playing in small pubs in Melbourne (Melbourne has had more of a reputation for being the pub music capital than Sydney though I'm sure the music industry is very alive in Sydney too)
Dress Code: Most places are fairly casual but note the 'no shirt = no service' rule (and thong shoes aren't generally accepted). If you're going to an actual rock concert, the 'no sneakers' rule may apply and so you'll need to dress up a bit more.
Address: See free gig guides in Music and other stores.
Directions: Melbourne city and suburbs.
One good place I tried out recently is Jimi's @ Milanos on the Brighton Beach Esplanade.
More Reviews (20)
- See All Not exactly strictly aussie...
- Anzac biscuits
- See All Road Rules/Speed Limits
- See All Bushfires
- See All Gay Website Information
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Australia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Down Under"
- "Australia - you're standing in it"
- "♫ I COME FROM A LAND DOWN-UNDER ♫"
- "AUSTRALIA PAGE IS DEDICATED TO THE ANCIENTS...."
- "Down Under Roundtrip"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Australia
- Hotels in Australia
- Transportation in Australia
- Nightlife in Australia
- Restaurants in Australia
- Shopping in Australia
- Warnings and Dangers in Australia
- See All...
Explore the World
- Vicksburg National Military Park Hotels
- Nebraska Hotels
- Edmond Hotels
- Presov Hotels
Badges & Stats in Australia
- 1,002 Reviews
- 2,388 Photos
- 65 Forum posts
- 101 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Australia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Australia
Videos in AustraliaSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 77 reviews, 199 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 57 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 50 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Daylesford Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 39 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 41 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (25)
Top Australia hotels
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3341 Reviews - 7498 Photos
- Perth Hotels
- 2280 Reviews - 4796 Photos
- Sydney Hotels
- 5783 Reviews - 13449 Photos
- Gold Coast Hotels
- 845 Reviews - 1806 Photos
- Adelaide Hotels
- 972 Reviews - 2107 Photos
- Canberra Hotels
- 847 Reviews - 2096 Photos
- Brisbane Hotels
- 1596 Reviews - 3435 Photos
- Surfers Paradise Hotels
- 171 Reviews - 346 Photos
- Port Douglas Hotels
- 227 Reviews - 586 Photos
- Darwin Hotels
- 685 Reviews - 2049 Photos
- Cairns Hotels
- 863 Reviews - 2188 Photos
- Mackay Hotels
- 74 Reviews - 124 Photos
- Geelong Hotels
- 316 Reviews - 662 Photos
- Hamilton Island Hotels
- 129 Reviews - 401 Photos
- Caloundra Hotels
- 52 Reviews - 107 Photos