"Quaint Cambridge" Cambridge by Kate-Me
Cambridge Travel Guide: 15 reviews and 51 photos
We made a small stop in Cambrige en route to Rotorua from Auckland, and found it a most quaint stop.
Unfortunately the weather was anything but kind to us that day, but I enjoyed my little wander in the centre of Cambridge regardless. It must be even nicer when the sun is shining.
I got the impression of a very English air to the place (helped no doubt by this English type phone box), nice weather board shops (some two storied), well maintained and looking almost freshly painted, and clean streets.
Otherwise, I can't tell you too much about the town, just that I would definitely stop there again.
- Pros:Attractive, quaint
- Cons:en route for some place bigger, we didn't have a lot of time to stop
- In a nutshell:Another pretty New Zealand town.
We decided to visit Colonial Antiques mainly because the building was attractive, and it was pouring with rain, but once... more travel advice
This mural in the main street was a nice touch, on the side of a building, depicting a Maori scene. I enjoyed the... more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Cambridge Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cambridge, Town of Trees"
- "My Cambridge Page."
- "Quaint Cambridge"
- "A Town full of Horses"
- "Cambridge Superloo Shocker"
- See All...
- Hotels in Cambridge
- Nightlife in Cambridge
- Restaurants in Cambridge
- Shopping in Cambridge
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cambridge
- 4 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Cambridge?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cambridge
Photos in CambridgeSee All Photos (6)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 77 reviews, 199 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 57 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 50 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 39 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 41 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (25)
Latest Cambridge hotel reviews
- Riverside Motor Lodge & Conference Centre
- 25 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013