"Breathtakingly Beautiful Annecy" Annecy by Kate-Me
Annecy Travel Guide: 255 reviews and 795 photos
Annecy is a reasonably sized town in the Haute-Savoie region of eastern France, on the shores of Lake Annecy, approximately 30 kms south of the swiss border and Geneva.
Its altitude is 448 metres above sea level.
I found it an absolutely delightful town to visit (particularly the old town), combining the best of both worlds: a slightly swiss air about it (particularly with the Savoie flags) with the added advantage of French prices rather than the swiss more expensive ones.
In 2006, the accommodation we had in Annecy had what was for me, the best views of my entire 5 weeks in France. Unfortunately by 2014 for my second visit, it had closed so we had to choose elsewhere. This first pic for me that we took on our last night, sums up just how much I love Annecy and how beautiful it is, night or day.
- Pros:Beautiful crystal clear lake and mountain views
- In a nutshell:A wonderful alpine town with much charm
I mention this particular coffee/restaurant as for us, it had the best coffee we had in France. I must add that... more travel advice
One of my favorite memories of Annecy is of the white swans on the canal. There weren't many of them at all (nesting... more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Annecy Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Absolutely Amazing Annecy"
- "BEAUTIFUL & BUSY ANNECY!"
- "Annecy - One of France's Jewels"
- "French Venice..."
- "Breathtakingly Beautiful Annecy"
- "Town at the clearest lake in Europe"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Annecy
- Hotels in Annecy
- Transportation in Annecy
- Nightlife in Annecy
- Restaurants in Annecy
- Shopping in Annecy
- Warnings and Dangers in Annecy
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Annecy
- 12 Reviews
- 65 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 7 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (89)
Have you been to Annecy?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Annecy
Photos in AnnecySee All Photos (65)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 68 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 51 reviews, 134 photos, 6 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 50 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 60 reviews, 104 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 41 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues