"Breathtakingly Beautiful Annecy" Annecy by Kate-Me

Annecy Travel Guide: 223 reviews and 686 photos

Annecy is a reasonably sized town in the Haute-Savoie region of eastern France, on the shores of Lake Annecy, approximately 30 kms south of the swiss border and Geneva.

Its altitude is 448 metres above sea level.

I found it an absolutely delightful town to visit (particularly the old town), combining the best of both worlds: a slightly swiss air about it (particularly with the Savoie flags) with the added advantage of French prices rather than the swiss more expensive ones.
The accommodation we had in Annecy had what were for us the best views of our entire 5 weeks in France. So many great memories of our 3 days there.

another view of Lake Annecy from our balcony.

Lake Annecy from further around the lake shore towards the Old Town

• Pros:Beautiful crystal clear lake and mountain views
  • In a nutshell:A wonderful alpine town with much charm
  • Last visit to Annecy: Jun 2006
  • Intro Updated Jul 21, 2006

• LeslieofTodd's Profile Photo
    Mar 9, 2013 at 9:16 PM

Hello Kathryn-I am greatly enjoying reading your Annecy pages and looking at your lovely photos. I have included Annecy in my itinerary for an 18 day trip to France (my first visit and a life-long dream!) and will be spending three nights there. I see you have much more of interest for me to read prior to my departure. You have obviously put much time and care into your travel pages. I truly wish I had paid more attention in French class in school! I envy you your command of the language. But again, thanks for all the good information that you have shared on VT! Leslie

• Kate-Me's Profile Photo
      Mar 11, 2013 at 8:41 PM

You're most welcome Leslie. I know you will have a wonderful time in Annecy! I really have to go back there myself one day! Best wishes from Australia.,

• Maryimelda's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2011 at 11:50 PM

You showed a different side of Annecy from most of the pages. Well done, I'll be there for 3 nights in Sept. Great tip about the coffee, I always look forward to my first cup when I get back to Oz.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Aug 20, 2008 at 3:00 AM

Hope to visit this pretty town, looks great. The cruise you did sounded good.

• BeatChick's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2007 at 11:52 AM

What a wonderful & bizarre tip on the Eglise de St Maurice (feat. on the front page today)!! Very macabre - I love it.

• dlandt's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2006 at 8:49 PM

Now here's a great question for you: Which one did I choose to feature?

• Tripack's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2006 at 3:34 AM

Quelle belle étape pour ton Tour de France. Le monde appartient à ceux qui se lèvent tôt... Thanks for the useful tips and great views from Annecy.

• deecat's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2006 at 7:33 PM

What a fantastic introductory photograph, and what a wonderful looking hotel.

Kate-Me

“Make photos while the sun shines!”

Badges & Stats in Annecy