"Whakatane, launch town to visit White Is volcano" Whakatane by Kate-Me
Whakatane Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 53 photos
Whakatane is located 90 kms east of Tauranga/Mt Maunganui.
We spent only a couple of hours in Whakatane itself. The main reason we were here was to take a 6 hour boat cruise journey to see the famous White Island, NZ's only active volcanic island.
The trip is 2 hours out in very open sea, 2 hours on the island with the guide & group, then 2 hours back. Not for those who suffer from seasickness (the waves were so rough that the medication I'd taken didn't work at all). However, my husband thoroughly enjoyed the trip and highly recommends it.
See travelogue for a full account of the trip...
- In a nutshell:An interesting town and the place to launch to see White Island
See travelogue for more about our interesting adventure trip to White Island with Pee Jay's Adventures, on the Pee Jay V... more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Whakatane Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Whakatane - starting point for White Island"
- "Whakatane - portal to White Island Volcano"
- "An enjoyable Bay of Plenty Town"
- "Whakatane, launch town to visit White Is volcano"
- "Whakatane - New Zealand"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Whakatane
- 2 Reviews
- 14 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Whakatane?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Whakatane
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 77 reviews, 199 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 57 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 50 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Daylesford Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 39 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 41 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues