"Hokitika on the West Coast of NZ" Top 5 Page for this destination Hokitika by Kate-Me
Hokitika Travel Guide: 76 reviews and 199 photos
We met some people at a backpackers in Kaikoura a few days before, we made the decision to visit Hokitika on our trip to the west of the South Island.
They'd just come back from there, and strongly recommended that we stayed at Hokitika rather than Greymouth, as they found it so much more interesting.
So, we gave it a go, took their advice and booked ourselves accommodation at the town of Hokitka, which we knew nothing about, apart from a bit of info in one of the brochures which said it was a historic town, originally a gold discovery town.
please come back later...ie about a week would be good!
For now, I leave you with one of our most beautiful souvenirs of the trip, our one and only sunset viewing....
- Pros:A good range of activities to do, beautiful mountain backdrop with snowy peaks.
- Cons:Quite remote, but the whole west coast is
- In a nutshell:Historic town, views of Mt Cook and the alps, amazing beach and waves right in the centre of town
Another view from the main street of the majestic mountain backdrop. more travel advice
A good place to start to find out about all the activities which can be done in the area, adventure and otherwise. more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Hokitika Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hokitika - West of the Southern Alps"
- "Hokitika on the West Coast of NZ"
- "Hokitika - Fun to visit and fun to say!"
- "A land of Food and Ice"
- "wonderful sea views"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hokitika
- Hotels in Hokitika
- Nightlife in Hokitika
- Restaurants in Hokitika
- Shopping in Hokitika
- Warnings and Dangers in Hokitika
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Hokitika
- 12 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (88)
Have you been to Hokitika?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hokitika
Photos in HokitikaSee All Photos (27)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 68 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 51 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 50 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 60 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues