"Dunedin, near the Otago Peninsula in the south Is." Top 5 Page for this destination Dunedin by Kate-Me
Dunedin Travel Guide: 343 reviews and 823 photos
Dunedin is one of New Zealand's most southerly cities, and was begun by scottish settlers. It's said to be a Scottish city, but I found the city to be more English, myself
It has a Population of about 111,000 people, with some rather expensive real estate up on the hills over looking the city (on the way to the Otago Peninsula)
This region is also one of New Zealand's best Eco Tourism opportunities, with Albatross, sea birds, the rare Yellow Eyed penguins, Little Blue penguins, seals and marine life to be seen within 1 hour of the city.
more on our 2 day visit to Dunedin soon.
- Pros:Great eco tourism wildlife opportunities on the Otago Peninsula
- Cons:doesn't seem to be a city very well set up for tourists
- In a nutshell:Great wildlife, a city with nice architecture, more english than Scottish
Here's a map (as given on a sign in the street) to help you get your bearings in the city. more travel advice
The tour we took to the Otago Peninsula from Dunedin was with Dunedin Cititours. The driver was friendly and helpful... more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Dunedin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The Pride of the South"
- "New Zealand's 1st City"
- "Dunedin - "The Edinburgh of the South"."
- "Dunedin, near the Otago Peninsula in the south Is."
- "Dunedin, my favourite City in New Zealand"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dunedin
- Hotels in Dunedin
- Transportation in Dunedin
- Nightlife in Dunedin
- Restaurants in Dunedin
- Shopping in Dunedin
- Warnings and Dangers in Dunedin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dunedin
- 18 Reviews
- 64 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (89)
Have you been to Dunedin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dunedin
- Posted in Travel Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock) Forum "Re: Phone Service"
- Wrote a Review Map of the centre of the city in Dunedin Transportation
- Uploaded a Photo to "Map of the centre of the city"
- updated a Dunedin Travel Page "Dunedin, near the Otago Peninsula in the south Is."
- Commented on one of margaretvn's Dunedin travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 68 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 51 reviews, 134 photos, 6 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 50 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 60 reviews, 104 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 41 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues