"Tiny but pretty Omapere on the north West coast" Omapere by Kate-Me
Omapere Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 58 photos
Omapere is quite small and remote, but does have nice sandy beaches.
Population is probably just a few hundred, and apart from Opononi just down the road about 3 kms away, there are no other towns in the area for many miles.
We used this town as a base to visit the giant Kauri forests the day after, which are about 30 minutes drive away.
- In a nutshell:Small but quaint and not developed
Opononi is about 3 kms down the road from Omapere, and its main claim to fame was in 1955 when a lone dolphin made its... more travel advice
After visiting the giant Kauri forests, we drove back via Omapere again, and this is the view we had just before... more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Omapere Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Beautiful Omapere in the Hokianga Harbour!"
- "Tiny but pretty Omapere on the north West coast"
- "West Coast of Northland"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Omapere
- 6 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (90)
Have you been to Omapere?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Omapere
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 68 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 51 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 50 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 60 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues