"Albury, home of the iconic Ettamogah Pub" Albury by Kate-Me
Albury Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 29 photos
The city of Albury is situated on the border between Victoria and New South Wales, on the main highway leading to Sydney.
The Ettamogah Pub is located just off the highway, about 20 kms north of the City.
The Etttamogah Pub was purpose built as a tourist attraction and iconic pub - a tribute I guess to 'fair dinkum aussie pubs' and the humour they contain, particularly in remote and outback areas.
It has a working bar, restaurant, souvenir shop and other buildings, and plenty of funny signs, props, notices, cartoons and the like to amuse.
To me, it's very 70s/80s, when more pubs were like this - humourous, and the type of humour to me comes from that period, when Australians were less cultured, a bit more crude, and always on for a joke (some things haven't changed).
- Pros:Not too far from ski fields, home of the Ettamogah pub
- Cons:location is a little remote, almost halfway between Sydney & Melbourne but not close to either
- In a nutshell:A good sized city on the border of NSW and Victoria
We didn't have a lot of time to spend in Albury, so we mainly enjoyed taking a 1 hour walk/wander in the city centre,... more travel advice
The Hume Dam, when looking at it, seems enormous. Its total length 1 616 m. The total surface area when full is 20.2... more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Albury Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Albury, home of the iconic Ettamogah Pub"
- "Albury, NSW, Australia"
- "Beautiful Albury - please stop by!"
- "Important border twin city/Wodonga"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Albury
- 4 Reviews
- 20 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (88)
Have you been to Albury?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Albury
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 77 reviews, 199 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 57 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 50 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 39 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 41 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues