Ballarat Sports & Outdoors Tips by Kate-Me Top 5 Page for this destination
Ballarat Sports & Outdoors: 1 reviews and 0 photos
Ballarat is quite a sporting city, whether for the sportsman or the sports watcher.
All summer long, there is cricket, then Autumn/Winter/Spring, football dominates.
Of lesser fame is Basketball and we have a very good basketball stadium. There are 3 major swimming pools: 1 at the University of Ballarat at Mt Helen (limited hours), 1 for the general public indoors in Gillies St (YMCA) and the outdoor slightly heated Eureka Pool in Eureka Street.
Walking or cycling around Lake Wendouree (6 km) is a very popular activity. The lake itself is often used for rowing events.
Netball is a popular sport, and there are several disciplines of martial arts taught in Ballarat.
There is also an indoor go-kart track and much much more (but don't ask me, I'm not a sporting person)
Equipment: Depending on what sport you want to do. Bikes can be brought up from Melbourne on the train, but there isn' t a lot of provision made for them.
Theme: Sports Watching
More Reviews (76)
- See All More tranquil than Hepburn Spa on a...
- See All Weather bashing, Melbourne Vs Ballarat
- See All Gold rush themed Mini Golf
- See All Drought affected Australia
- See All Vintage style homewares and Cafe
- See All The Nerrina in Ballarat North
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Ballarat Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Ballarat in the Central Victorian goldfields"
- "Reason for being"
- "Keeweechic's Ballarat"
- "Ballarat, or better: Sovereign Hill..."
- "A Former Gold Rush Town"
- "Ballarat - The Town that Gold Built"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Ballarat
- Hotels in Ballarat
- Transportation in Ballarat
- Nightlife in Ballarat
- Restaurants in Ballarat
- Shopping in Ballarat
- Warnings and Dangers in Ballarat
- See All...
Explore the World
- Watkinsville Hotels
- Steam Valley Hotels
- Rottumerplaat Hotels
- Bright Hotels
- Ocean City
- Luanda Sports & Outdoors
- Argentina Sports & Outdoors
- Gibraltar Sports & Outdoors
- Petrozavodsk Sports & Outdoors
- Kyrgyzstan Sports & Outdoors
- Province of Nova Scotia Sports & Outdoors
- Khabarovsk Sports & Outdoors
- Cape Verde Sports & Outdoors
- Horse Racing
- Cascais Sports & Outdoors
- Porec Sports & Outdoors
Badges & Stats in Ballarat
- 77 Reviews
- 199 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 57 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (35)
Have you been to Ballarat?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ballarat
- Uploaded a Photo to "More tranquil than Hepburn Spa on a Saturday"
- Wrote a Review More tranquil than Hepburn Spa on... in Ballarat Hotels
- Posted in Travel Auckland Forum "Re: new zealand nov 2009"
- Uploaded a Video to Ballarat
- updated a Ballarat Travel Page "Ballarat in the Central Victorian goldfields"
- Commented on one of dlandt's Ballarat travel pages
Photos in BallaratSee All Photos (199)
Videos in BallaratSee All Videos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 77 reviews, 199 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 57 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 50 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 39 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 41 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (25)
Latest Ballarat hotel reviews
- Sovereign Hill Lodge
- 141 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 3, 2013
- Ballarat Mid City Motor Inn
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 26, 2013
- Grand Mercure Forest Resort Apartments Ballarat
- 51 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 10, 2013
- WorldMark South Pacific Club Ballarat
- 32 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 21, 2013
- Ansonia Hotel on Lysiard
- 50 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 23, 2013
- Craig's Royal Hotel
- 73 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 20, 2013
- Best Western Lake Inn
- 24 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 8, 2013
- Sovereign Park Motor Inn
- 99 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 29, 2013
- Tawana Lodge
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 5, 2013