"Colac" Colac by Kate-Me
Colac Travel Guide: 9 reviews and 37 photos
The small city of Colac is situated approximately 1 hour's drive south of Ballarat, and approximately 80 kms west of Geelong.
The population is around 11,000 people and the city is quite well equipped with shops, department stores, restaurants and more.
Colac's Lake, Lake Colac, only a short walk from the centre of town or the well appointed modern Visitor Information Centre, is the largest natural lake in Victoria, a large body of water covering over 30 kilometres in circumference, and used for all kinds of sports, including fishing and boating.
My main interest though is Colac's surrounding area.
Colac stands as the gateway to the Otway Ranges /Otway National Park(which in turn is the gateway to the Great Ocean Road).
My main reason for visiting Colac (both trips) was to go camping at Lake Elizabeth, once a well kept secret, but now that the Otway National Park has just been significantly expanded (now called Greater Otway National Park) it may develop a higher profile...
- Pros:A good starting point for Otway National Park or Great Ocean Road journeys
- In a nutshell:A great area for recreation and nice scenery
This is a great spot to camp, especially if you really want to get away from it all. The setting is a small grassy... more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Colac Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "COLAC VICTORIA"
- "Red Rock-Near Colac"
- "Seamandrew's Colac Page"
- "Colac Rocks"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Colac
- 3 Reviews
- 6 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (91)
Have you been to Colac?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Colac
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 68 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 51 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 50 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 60 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues