"Daintree National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Daintree by Kate-Me
Daintree Travel Guide: 54 reviews and 152 photos
During our north Queensland trip, we paid a very short visit in the time we had left to the little town of Daintree itself, then went on to the Daintree rainforest and just did a couple of boardwalk walks.
However, in 2-3 hours we really only just scratched the surface, and I think you need to go a lot further into the forest to see the really good scenery, like going as far as Cape Tribulation.
We saw one Cassowary running wild (well fairly tame but still in the wild) in the Daintree. They must be a fairly common occurance as there are a lot of warning signs on the road about them (especially as they're now endangered - can't afford to lose any more to road kill. And besides, they're so big they'd make a real mess of your car if you hit one, so follow the speed limits and keep a watch out for them)
- Pros:Great Rainforest, some great scenic views
- Cons:Make sure you have enough time to see it or it's just a rush on winding roads
- In a nutshell:Really worth a visit, spectacular
Size wise, Cassowaries are just a bit shorter than emus, very similar body shape, with the same huge feet and powerful... more travel advice
While you're in the Daintree, check out some of the several signed boardwalks and rainforest walks. We were lucky when,... more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Daintree Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Daintree and PK's Jungle Village"
- "Daintree National Park"
- "Rainforests so Beautiful"
- "Cape Tribulation and the Daintree National Park"
- "The rainforest"
- "Daintree National Park."
- See All...
- Things to Do in Daintree
- Hotels in Daintree
- Transportation in Daintree
- Nightlife in Daintree
- Restaurants in Daintree
- Warnings and Dangers in Daintree
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Daintree
- 7 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (89)
Have you been to Daintree?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Daintree
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 68 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 51 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 50 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 60 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues