"Daintree National Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Daintree by Kate-Me

Daintree Travel Guide: 59 reviews and 163 photos

During our north Queensland trip, we paid a very short visit in the time we had left to the little town of Daintree itself, then went on to the Daintree rainforest and just did a couple of boardwalk walks.

However, in 2-3 hours we really only just scratched the surface, and I think you need to go a lot further into the forest to see the really good scenery, like going as far as Cape Tribulation.

This little train boat takes tours up and down the Daintree river.

We saw one Cassowary running wild (well fairly tame but still in the wild) in the Daintree. They must be a fairly common occurance as there are a lot of warning signs on the road about them (especially as they're now endangered - can't afford to lose any more to road kill. And besides, they're so big they'd make a real mess of your car if you hit one, so follow the speed limits and keep a watch out for them)

• Pros:Great Rainforest, some great scenic views
  • Cons:Make sure you have enough time to see it or it's just a rush on winding roads
  • In a nutshell:Really worth a visit, spectacular
  • Last visit to Daintree: Sep 2003
  • Intro Updated Nov 1, 2003

• cnango's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2007 at 8:51 PM

HAHAH U not only got some gr8 bird shots, I noticed U also show 1 of those funny Aussie "bump ahead" signs as well.I look forward to seeing more of UR giant selection of Oz pages soon !

• Jmill42's Profile Photo
    Mar 19, 2004 at 9:54 PM

I stayed at PK's. I loved the area. Thanks for bringing me back to the "ferry crossing"!! Nice page.

Kate-Me

“Make photos while the sun shines!”

Badges & Stats in Daintree

Have you been to Daintree?

Latest Activity in Daintree