Daylesford Shopping Tips by Kate-Me
Daylesford Shopping: 17 reviews and 12 photos
Magical is one of the best words I could use to explain Dragons and Dreaming - from the moment you enter it feels this way. First there is the huge dragon mounted at roof height in front of you, then all the pretty things, and more in glass display cases, and then you walk through a doorway like an entryway into another world - the walls sparkle purple, there is a fountain, a little bridge with a stream running underneath it and it's all just so beautiful. This room is the jewellery room and everything in its glass cases is displayed to maximum advantage. Jewellery ranges from Celtic to silver and gold, precious stones, crystals and more.
My favorite gift shop in Australia. I never tire of visiting it, even just browse and drink in the atmosphere.
Dragons and Dreaming is a little hard to describe as a shop because it has so many things, but to generalise, what you will find most of is jewellery, things like pewter goblets, velvet mediaevel dresses, Indian clothing, and much in the way of international giftware - even handcrafts from Tibet from time to time - always something pretty and new. I haven't actually ever bought much here - for the reason that I like just about everything and have trouble choosing any one thing!
What to buy: A good place for velvet clothing and that 'new age' clothing style. Also great for jewellery with precious and semi precious stones, and crystals.
What to pay: You get what you pay for - some stuff may seem expensive, but when I consider you just can't find most of it anywhere else, it's better.
Address: Howe Street Daylesford
Directions: Turn left at the first roundabout when arriving from Daylesford from Ballarat/Creswick direction.
'the funky shops'
This little cluster of brightly painted shops are what I like to call the 'funky shops'.
They may be only very small inside, but each one is very special and individual. Last time I was there, they'd just introduced a North American indian crafts shop, another one was selling an entire range of different teas (at least 50 different types, all in little boxes and bags and set out beautifully), there was one selling clothing, another ice cream - you'll need to check them all out to see the range.
Check for opening hours, as I believe they don't open till later in the morning than most shops, and probably not open Mon-Tues.
What to buy: Here and all through the Daylesford shopping township - ranges from anything new age - crystals, crystal, celtic and other jewellery, Indian and other rayon clothing, souvenirs, wooden arts, furniture and crafts, clothing, books, music, giftware and so much more in the range of specialist goods.
Address: Most shops: Vincent Street
Directions: Tourist information centre end of Vincent Street, on the opposite side of the street.
Very attractive items, many locally crafted and quite unique.
What to buy: Jewellery, crystals, new age books, specialty wooden furniture.
Address: Daly St Daylesford
Directions: Perched on a hill above the town - you'll see it.
More Reviews (31)
- See All Manor style house at Musk
- Vincent Street (main street of...
- See All Visit the Chocolate Mill
- See All Daylesford to its twin town of Hepburn...
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Daylesford Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "SPA CENTRE OF AUSTRALIA"
- "Sweetberry's Daylesford Page"
- "Daylesford, Historical Town"
- "Daytime in Daylesford"
- "Daylesford and Hepburn Springs - Spa Towns"
- "Daylesford, Mineral water capital of Australia"
- "Daylesford, art and traffic jams"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Daylesford
- Hotels in Daylesford
- Transportation in Daylesford
- Nightlife in Daylesford
- Restaurants in Daylesford
- Shopping in Daylesford
- Warnings and Dangers in Daylesford
- See All...
Explore the World
- Murbad Hotels
- State of Gujarat
- Boysen Hotels
- Coney Island
- Stroudsburg Hotels
- Salton Sea Beach
- Beattock Hotels
Badges & Stats in Daylesford
- 35 Reviews
- 115 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Daylesford?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Daylesford
- Posted in Travel Auckland Forum "Re: new zealand nov 2009"
- Wrote a Review Manor style house at Musk in Daylesford Hotels
- Uploaded a Photo to "Manor style house at Musk"
- Commented on one of ATXtraveler's Daylesford travel pages
- updated a Daylesford Travel Page "Daylesford, Mineral water capital of Australia"
Photos in DaylesfordSee All Photos (115)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 77 reviews, 199 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 57 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 50 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Daylesford Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 39 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 41 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues