"Denmark Region, and spectacular beaches, SW W.A." Top 5 Page for this destination Denmark by Kate-Me

Denmark Travel Guide: 24 reviews and 113 photos

Another fleeting visit in South Western W.A.... this time to the Denmark region, where we visited Green's Pool (pictured) and Elephant Rocks, right beside it..... they were just spots of interest on our map, and we had no idea that they would be among the most beautiful beaches we had ever seen (on a par with Queensland near the Barrier Reef!)...and that they'd also be all but deserted! (I think we saw about 5 other people altogether at both locations). It may have been bright and sunny, but it was only about 18 degrees, and I think that kept the crowds away....

Here's a good site address to see some more photos of the beaches, etc. http://www.denmarkvisitorcentre.com.au/beaches.htm

In the Denmark township down by the river.
We didn't see much of interest as we passed through this small town, just noted that like several others on our route, the supermarket was rather expensive...

The river here, running through the town was rather nice and picturesque though, with its grassy areas and playground (which my husband and exchange student had a bit of a play on!)

• Pros:Beautiful, beautiful beaches like I never could have dreamed of!
  • Cons:The township part doesn't seem too interesting, just small
  • In a nutshell:Beaches with white sand and turquoise water to die for!
  • Intro Updated Nov 18, 2005

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Dec 13, 2005 at 2:29 AM

Beautiful! My sister has just returned from staying with friends who live in Denmark and she raved about the beaches. When I saw her photos I knew why. Now you have doubly confirmed it.

Kate-Me

“Make photos while the sun shines!”

Badges & Stats in Denmark

Have you been to Denmark?

Latest Activity in Denmark