"Denmark Region, and spectacular beaches, SW W.A." Denmark by Kate-Me
Denmark Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 38 photos
Another fleeting visit in South Western W.A.... this time to the Denmark region, where we visited Green's Pool (pictured) and Elephant Rocks, right beside it..... they were just spots of interest on our map, and we had no idea that they would be among the most beautiful beaches we had ever seen (on a par with Queensland near the Barrier Reef!)...and that they'd also be all but deserted! (I think we saw about 5 other people altogether at both locations). It may have been bright and sunny, but it was only about 18 degrees, and I think that kept the crowds away....
Here's a good site address to see some more photos of the beaches, etc. http://www.denmarkvisitorcentre.com.au/beaches.htm
In the Denmark township down by the river.
We didn't see much of interest as we passed through this small town, just noted that like several others on our route, the supermarket was rather expensive...
The river here, running through the town was rather nice and picturesque though, with its grassy areas and playground (which my husband and exchange student had a bit of a play on!)
- Pros:Beautiful, beautiful beaches like I never could have dreamed of!
- Cons:The township part doesn't seem too interesting, just small
- In a nutshell:Beaches with white sand and turquoise water to die for!
This park has a very pretty outlook, the river which runs at the foot of the town. Paul and Marcha decided they'd give... more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Denmark Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Magical Morning"
- "Denmark Region, and spectacular beaches, SW W.A."
- "Small but worth it"
- "DENMARK WESTERN AUSTRALIA"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Denmark
- 3 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (32)
Have you been to Denmark?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Denmark
Photos in DenmarkSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 77 reviews, 199 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 57 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 50 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Daylesford Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 39 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 41 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues