"Devonport" Devonport by Kate-Me
Devonport Travel Guide: 33 reviews and 74 photos
Devonport is for many the Gateway to Tasmania (particularly if you've taken the Ferry)
The first thing I'd like to say is: You may hear plenty of stories about the 'rough, mountainous seas of bass strait' and I was a bit concerned, but our 10 hour overnight crossing over was just a little rough, no real problems, and the day journey home was as calm and tranquil as glass.
I found it the perfect way to travel, much better than the plane, short though that trip may be.
After our arrival, here at the Mersey Bluff lighthouse lookout, we had a great view of the ship departing Devonport.
- Pros:Great views, nice sandy & rocky beaches
- Cons:Cooler than mainland Australia (but everywhere in Tassie seems to be)
- In a nutshell:A great gateway to Tasmania, well equipped town
Facilities were good: the usual camp kitchen, laundry, amenities blocks all sufficient, etc. Cost was reasonable ($7... more travel advice
This town is a HUGE must see. From the guide book it sounded interesting, but the reality proved to be even more... more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Devonport Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DEVONPORT ON THE MERSEY RIVER"
- "Devonport - Melbourne"
- "DEVENPORT N.W.TASMANIA.."
- "COASTAL CITY GATEWAY TO MORE BEAUTY"
- "Where the boat comes in"
- "The Realm Beyond"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Devonport
- 5 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (90)
Have you been to Devonport?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Devonport
Photos in DevonportSee All Photos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 68 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 51 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 50 reviews, 130 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 60 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues