"Merimbula" Eden by Kate-Me
Eden Travel Guide: 27 reviews and 46 photos
The thriving beach town of Merimbula is located on the south coast of New South Wales, a few kilometres south of the port town of Eden.
There are plenty of little interesting shops to browse. The cafes are for the most part right beside the waterfront and have lovely views.
The Fishpen area, just over the bridge, is an ideal place to snorkel in clear, sapphire blue water with bright white sand. All that's missing is the coral and tropical fish, and you could have the Barrier reef. That's how I felt snorkelling there.
In winter months there are Whale watching tours going out, both from Merimbula and Eden. Eden also has a Whaling Museum.
The town is surrounded by Forest and National Parks, such as Ben Boyd National Park.
- Pros:Beautiful clear crystal blue waters and white sand
- Cons:A long drive from either Sydney or Melbourne
- In a nutshell:Much to see and do and great weather
This is the quaint little arts and crafts town of Tilba Tilba, also close to the New South Wales coast, south of Nowra.... more travel advice
The Bega Cheese factory is located in an area dominated by the Dairy Industry. It's worth a visit and you can sample... more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Eden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Is there life in Eden still"
- "Great natural harbour : Eden"
- "HAVE A WHALE OF A TIME AT EDEN!"
- "It may have to be home for a summer"
- "Eszter's Eden Page"
- "EDEN SOUTH EASTERN NEW SOUTH WALES"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Eden
- Hotels in Eden
- Transportation in Eden
- Nightlife in Eden
- Restaurants in Eden
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Eden
- 7 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (90)
Have you been to Eden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Eden
Photos in EdenSee All Photos (7)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 68 reviews, 174 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 51 reviews, 136 photos, 7 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 50 reviews, 129 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 60 reviews, 106 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 36 reviews, 116 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 42 reviews, 92 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 35 reviews, 87 photos, 4 travelogues