"the site of bushranger Ned Kelly's last stand" Glenrowan by Kate-Me
Glenrowan Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 9 photos
The small town of Glenrowan is located in north east Victoria, on the highway between Melbourne and Sydney.
Tiny it may be, but also very famous, being the site of legendary Bushranger Ned Kelly's last stand on June 28, 1880 - and as such, almost everything in town is devoted to him.
Ned was Australia's most & infamous bushranger in history, with his own homemade suit of armour (see pic 2).
- Pros:An entire town devoted to the life & history of Ned Kelly
- Cons:Everything is Ned Kelly....
- In a nutshell:Kelly Town! Great if you want to sink deep into the stories & legends
Kate's cottage sells the usual Ned Kelly paraphernalia - the t-shirts, stickers, signs, aussie souvenirs and more -... more travel advice
Kate-Me's Related Pages
Glenrowan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "the site of bushranger Ned Kelly's last stand"
- "HOME OF THE KELLY LEGEND"
- "GLENROWAN.. THE NED KELLY TOWN"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Glenrowan
- 2 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (34)
Have you been to Glenrowan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Glenrowan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Ballarat Intro, 77 reviews, 199 photos, 5 travelogues
- Melbourne Intro, 57 reviews, 102 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Akaroa Intro, 50 reviews, 103 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Daylesford Intro, 35 reviews, 115 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mildura Intro, 46 reviews, 92 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mount Gambier Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Creswick Intro, 39 reviews, 93 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Napier Intro, 48 reviews, 82 photos, 4 travelogues
- Christchurch Intro, 39 reviews, 71 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Warrnambool Intro, 41 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues